What's new

speaker advice (1 Viewer)

Don-E

Auditioning
I have a onkyo ht 520 home theater system and it was set up in my living room that is about 14x18 with a one side valted ceiling. In this room it sounded fine to me. Now heres where the problem starts, I moved this system to my finished basement about 14x20 with a drop ceiling at 7 ft, I installed mirage speakers in the ceiling for the rear speakers and am using a mc 500 from cambridge soundworks for the center channel with the onkyo sub and onkyo left and right channels ,plan on upgrading later . The dialogue is hollow or low sounding and I really have to turn it way up to understand the talking and then lower quickly when action starts. I have played with all the settings and just can not make it sound good.Any advice woud be appreciated. ( I am a contractor so my hearing on lows might be affected) THANKS Don

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
The first two things that come to mind is to check for any kind of "midnight mode" being enabled on your receiver, and that the center speaker is not wired out of phase.

-Robb

DavidSGT

Stunt Coordinator
Hiya,

It probably sounds redundant but have you calibrated with Radioshack SPL meter and something like Ovation's Avia disc?

Regards.
DavidSGT

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Don:

I too would highly recommend that you get the Radio Shack SPL meter and a disc like AVIA. It will make all the difference in the world once you have the speakers "dialed in" to your room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks