What's new

Speak sound distoretd when playing bass heavy musics? (1 Viewer)

Tim_

Stunt Coordinator
I'm at a lost here. Please help me identify the problem that send my speaker to the land of distortion.

My Speaker sounded awesome when playing DVD concert from Charlotte Church or any vocal heavy music. But it'll take an 180 degree turn when I pop in a Rock/R&B or Rap CD. It sounded fine for the first couple of minuts and the whole thing just crashed.

I thought I have cured the issue when I replace my Int. Amp with NAD C352 and a brand new pioneer CD/DVD player but its started to happen again. I can hear the volume went dim when I watching sound effect heaving musics. Help!

1) Is this the issue with Amp? Does it not have enough backup power to power my 4ohm MB quart speakers?

2) Is this the issue with my AC outlet that can't offer enough power for my Amp?

3) Is this the issue with placement of the speaker? I wouldn't think it'll have this much dramatic effect on them?

4) Bad speakers? Not likely as this is the second pair the vendor replaced for me and the one I returned to them sounded superb now they have it sitting in their showroom.

At this point I really feel like seeking professional help to correct my issue before I go nuts. I have spend enough money in trying to correct the issue after I bought these speakers.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
There are a lot of reasons why this could be the case, it sound like something is either amiss in the system or you are overdriving things.

Does this happen at lower volumes? Are your speakers set to small?

Tim_

Stunt Coordinator
ChrisWiggles,
There is no speaker size setting on the NAD C352. This happen at only 20 - 25% of the volume. This is the second amp I bought to powered these speakers. The previous Yamaha amp experience the same issue at 85% volume but it not even louder then 25% volume on the NAD c352.

Here are the specs for the NAD if it tells you anything.
2 x 80W Continuous Power into 4 / 8 ohms
115W, 185W, 240W IHF Dynamic Power into 8, 4 and 2 ohms, respectively
PowerDrive™
High Current Holmgren™ Toroidal Power Transformer
7 Line Inputs, including Two Tape In/Outputs
All Discrete Circuitry
Short signal path from input to output
Bass and Treble Controls with Tone Defeat Switch
Main-amp Input & 2 Pre-amp Outputs
NAD Soft Clipping™
IR Input/Output
12V Trigger Output
Relay Input Switching
IEC Detachable Power Cable
Headphone socket
NAD SR-5 Full System Remote Control

Here is the spec for my speaker:
* Impedance: 4 Ohms
* Frequency Response: 33Hz - 32kHz
* Sensitivity: 87dB
* Power Range: 110 - 180 Watts
* Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
* Dimensions: (HxWxD) 37.4"x 8.9"x 12"

Tim_

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all your help. I just found the culprit that cause all these problems. I was too cheap to invest on a pair of Monster audio spliter and have no patient to wait for it to arrive in the mail. So I went to the local audio shop and pick up some cheap $6.00 audio spliter they happen to have and that degraded my whole system to trash. I now pulled it out of my system and the sound quality has restore but still not much bass. Well thats just the way the speakers are designed. Thanks. my search for a good amp and a justifiable cost continues..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks