SPDIF to Standard RCA

JazzCow

Auditioning
Real Name
Curt Kohlwes
So the only audio out my TV has is a SPDIF, yet the old receiver I have doesn't have any SPDIF ports, only standard red and white RCA ports, is there any converter/adapter I can use to connect these? Thanks for the help I really have no idea.

David Norman

Premium
The answer is yes, but this is generally a pretty audiophile market these days and finding anything more affordable than just upgrading your receiver is questionable. I think what you want is a standalone Digital to Audio converter (DAC). Most of the current one's I can find well north of $500

Audio Alchemy in it's heyday made some very inexpensive, very good product including the legendary Dac-in-a-Box and less well known DacMan. These show up on EBay and Audiogon occasionally and are still well though of if they are in working order -- most are over a decade old now.

The midiland ads 4000 I think does what you want and and be had for about $130-150 new.

Looks like there is a DacMan on Ebay ending date tommorrow with a $25 current high bid right now though it looks like there is one pretty interested bidder.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Druiz23