Spawn hbo dvd quality question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan L B, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

is it a flipper and how does it look and sound.

2. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Yeah, all 3 discs are flippers. Not all that distracting really, but I'd be lying if I said I would rather have double layer discs. The video quality is good-if I recall some pixellation in some of the really dark sections, but nothing to get too worried about. The sound is prologic only, but it's the BEST prologic mix I've ever heard. Great sound, and Keith David's voice gives the sub a workout.

Really, this is the best you're going to get for a while. Any word on the direct to video season 4? Heard something about it when I bought the box set last year, but nothing since...

3. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Second Unit

Scott B.
    I have been wondering about this myself. I even emailed HBO about it but never recieved a reply. This was my favorite show on HBO while it was on. I would love another season!!!

4. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

is it really that bad i mean tvma for graphic violence, graphic language, and nudity. also, how did they fit one entire season one 1 flipper disc

5. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Let's just put it this way-it's not for the kids. Yes, there's some pretty brutal violence in it, and yes, it's all very well done. As for how they can fit a season on one disc, I think that each season only runs about 3-3.5 hours, so it's just like a long movie actually. Really not all that episodic now that I think about it...

6. Steve jc

Steve jc Agent

I reccommend the 4 disc "Ultimate Collection" box set(extra disc contains interviews, web links etc.). Can be found for under $30 after a price drop last year, cheaper than the 3 discs seperately in some cases. Nice packaging too.