What's new

Spartacus: Vengeance (1 Viewer)

ryan-w

Agent
I love Ilithiya's character. She seems down and out and now she's right back in the power position. Lucretia does it time and again as well.....The show is continuing to be just amazing to me, I hate it that there's only 1 more episode for this season and I'm hoping we won't have to wait YEARS for the next season. :)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Whoever does the battle scenes on this show does a great job putting them together. Some great stuff; also again showing us this isn't a show that is afraid of killing off major characters.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Preview spoiler space Preview spoiler space Preview spoiler space Preview spoiler space Preview spoiler space Preview spoiler space Preview spoiler space Preview spoiler space Preview spoiler space Preview spoiler space Preview spoiler space
Yeah, there were some major, MAJOR deaths here. Holy shit.
Ashur was a good character--the kind you love to bloody despise--but I was glad to see his end. Maybe Lucretia will survive another season finale. Her gown might have caught on something. Probably not.

Storer50

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
EPIC season finale. At one point I looked at my wife and said who is even left in the cast.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler
I thought there were five major deaths, but there were six:
Lucretia, Ashur, Glaber, Mira, Doctore and
Ilythia. From the way it was presented, I had no idea, but it's been confirmed.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah Great Finale, I watched the last two eps back to back and they were both great, glad Mad Lucretia was onto Ilanthyia. Maybe her gown snagged a branch..... now the wait till 2013, I haven't cracked my Blu Ray of the First Season yet, think its time to revisit it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I think they're trying to remain as true to historial data as possible, so the characters who are not fictitious who did not come back from the attack at the volcano had to die. As for the fictional ones, I assume they were killed off as the series resets itself away from the ludus and in another realm entirely next season.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't want to confirm any deaths for those thinking there might be room for a return, but DeKnight said some of those who died had to die because they simply had no place going forward.
For those worried about interesting characters being killed, well, they were created by the guys still working on the show. They can just create more. :D

ryan-w

Agent
I can't wait to see how they show Rome, the story will have a lot to do in Rome in next season with Crassus and senators being up in arms about losing 2 praetors....I thought the show ROME from HBO did a great job making the city look really good so I'm hoping that they 1 up them from that aspect.
As for the finale, WOW is pretty much all I can say. Lucretia was such a damn badass, just biding her time and waiting for the right moment to get her revenge. That was priceless. I didn't see her....doing what she did...That was pretty cool and obviously she always loved her husband. It took me awhile to warm up to the new Spartacus actor but now it's all so seamless and I love it. I'm so bitter I have to wait until 2013 now for more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks