What's new

Pre-Order Sparrows (1926) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81r6-eQXdpL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I've been waiting so long for this one on Blu-Ray.

Unfortunately, it's VCI, so I'll have to wait on reviews.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I've been waiting so long for this one on Blu-Ray.

Unfortunately, it's VCI, so I'll have to wait on reviews.
still researching this, as the cover design falls inline with the Flicker Alley releases from the Pickford Foundation, now I know that the older titles are now distributed via VCI, but still maintain all the FA logos and numbers, so maybe this is a similar situation.

I have the original Milestone collection release, but this is supposed to be from the new restorations that the MP foundation is funding.

odd that all the biggest releases that are catching my attention this year are all getting close to the century mark, The Sheik, Universals Hunchback from Kino and now this, hopefully more are coming soon as one of the titles is being worked on with Paramount.

I guess that Silent's are "Golden"

and i did find a little more detail, hope this helps anyone interested.

anouncement and specs

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
still researching this, as the cover design falls inline with the Flicker Alley releases from the Pickford Foundation, now I know that the older titles are now distributed via VCI, but still maintain all the FA logos and numbers, so maybe this is a similar situation.

I have the original Milestone collection release, but this is supposed to be from the new restorations that the MP foundation is funding.

odd that all the biggest releases that are catching my attention this year are all getting close to the century mark, The Sheik, Universals Hunchback from Kino and now this, hopefully more are coming soon as one of the titles is being worked on with Paramount.

I guess that Silent's are "Golden"

and i did find a little more detail, hope this helps anyone interested.

anouncement and specs
Thanks for the info.

It was one of my favorite films as a pre-teen (10-12) when I saw it in downtown Syracuse as part of a silent film festival on Saturday mornings at the RKO Keith.

I've been waiting for its arrival on Blu ever since.

I would much prefer Flicker Alley distributing this.

Though I'm sure the master is impeccable, VCI does not have the best encodings and the films suffer because of it. In fact, if VCI is the distributor for a disc I'm interested in, I automatically pass. I bought about a dozen of their Blus, and all of them have serious issues that happened during the encoding process. I've only kept two because I love the films, but those encoding anomalies impact my enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks