What's new

Spandau Ballet - Live From The NEC DVD (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Since we already have a Duran Duran DVD thread, it's only fair that Spandau Ballet should have its own concert DVD thread with the just-released "Live From The NEC" DVD.

Shot on 35mm film and remixed/remastered in 5.1 Dolby Digital/dts, I am very impressed by the quality of the music and the tightness of the band. If you only know this band from the song "True", you will be surprised at how hard these guys rock on tracks like "Highly Strung" and "Chant No. 1" (from a early funk-infused version of the band). There's a commentary during the concert by the Kemp Brothers that was recorded in 2004, which is worth the price of the DVD by itself....very informative and they still mention Duran Duran. Apparently there was audio for some of the band's other hits (such as "Only When You Leave") but they lack the video portion to be included in the concert.

I got this DVD from my local Best Buy for $12.99 and Tower has it for $14.99. Highly recommended!!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Thanks for the info. They are really the only 80s band that has stuck with me from that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks