What's new

Spaghetti Junction (1 Viewer)

Zak Solo

Agent
Has anyone got any ideas as to how to neaten up all the wires at the back of an HT system. Mine looks a bit like Spaghetti junction (Birmingham ,UK) at the moment. I have tried to avoid the cables touching but some just do.
I don't want to coil them either.
Any ideas most appreciated

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Here is what I like to do:
- Avoid trying to make neat, industrial looking bundles. A bit of space between the cables is better.
- Try to separate the cables into 3 groups that stay away from each other:
1 - Power cords (These you can bundle/coil)
2 - Speaker wires (dont bundle, but they do carry power
3 - Interconnects
To help with this, I have my receiver/amp on the bottom of my rack. This allows the speaker wires to flow out onto the floor, away from everything else.
Facing the back of my rack, most of the power cords are on the right so I run them to a power strip and bundle them to the right of the rack.
The interconnects tend to hang down the middle.
You can buy 2-sided velcro or plastic split tubing to bundle similar cables together. I dont like the "encase all the wire" approach. I prefer using 3-4 velcro ties or tubing to pinch or guide the loose bundles rather than encasing every possible inch.

Peter Scott

Auditioning
I use plastic wiring conduit you can buy at any commercial electrical supply store. It is square plastic conduit that allows you to exit cabling anywhere down the run and has a cover piece that snaps in place once you've routed your cables to cover it up. Cut to fit and either screw it down on the back of your rack or use Velcro to hold it in place (separate runs for AC and audio). It provides a very tidy install. It works out to about a dollar a foot and comes in about three different widths, usually in six foot lengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks