What's new

3D Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone (1983) (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Just saw that Mill Creek has this on DVD as a double feature with another 80s movie I can't remember. Wonder if they'd be able to get a 3D master of it?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I wrote to Mill Creek last year offering to assist in preparing 3-D masters of the remaining Columbia titles and to suggest a William Castle 3-D box set.

Fort Ti
Drums of Tahiti
Jesse James vs. the Daltons
The Nebraskan
The Stranger Wore a Gun
Spacehunter
Down the Hatch

There was no reply...

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Please join me in writing to Mill Creek Entertainment to express your displeasure at this turn of events.

I am sure we will all be most respectful, but we should make clear that not only will we not be supporting this release, we will make every effort to talk others out of supporting it as well—including giving it poor marks on Amazon and other online retailers. And then let's follow through.

As best I can tell, the appropriate e-mail address would be [email protected].

Their mailing address is

Mill Creek Entertainment
2445 Nevada Avenue N
Golden Valley MN 55427

I say let's send e-mails and letters. Double the pressure.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Bob, may I recommend that you check with Indicator/Powerhouse in the UK to see if they have the rights there via Sony.

OMG, I would love an Indicator Bluray since I see many good comments about it, and I see the quality in the screenshots too.

By the way, has Mill Creek ever released a 3D Bluray?
Do you think that it would spend all those money for this release which is not an important movie anyway?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Mill Creek hasn't released a 3D disc before, it seems they just take whatever master they can get which has been hit or miss on what they've put out so far. But this movie is worthless without the 3D, even with it, it is NOT a good movie by any means. My dad still says it's the worst movie he's ever seen more than 33 years later! But I would STILL buy this on 3D Blu-Ray but won't touch it in 2D.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Mill Creek hasn't released a 3D disc before, it seems they just take whatever master they can get which has been hit or miss on what they've put out so far. But this movie is worthless without the 3D, even with it, it is NOT a good movie by any means. My dad still says it's the worst movie he's ever seen more than 33 years later! But I would STILL buy this on 3D Blu-Ray but won't touch it in 2D.

That's a bit harsh. It's not 2001 but it's entertaining and not as dumb as most Hollywood SF.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Somebody on their Facebook page posted the following:

The audio is mono on your You Tube clip... This is not looking good! Please don't screw up the audio on this like you've screwed up in the past! (My Science Project, Spaced Invaders, etc). Spacehunter has a 4.0 Surround soundtrack (Left, Right, Center, mono surround) on the DVD and there's NO reason to not have it on the Blu-Ray! Spacehunter was presented in Dolby Stereo in theaters (along with those other films I mentioned) so there's NO reason for the audio to be mono on the Blu-Ray! I get the no 3D, but mono audio is unacceptable when the film was presented in Dolby Stereo in theaters. It doesn't have to be 5.1 but it CAN'T be mono!

You can't make this stuff up!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Apparently he's never seen Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn. ;)

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Somebody on their Facebook page posted the following:

The audio is mono on your You Tube clip... This is not looking good! Please don't screw up the audio on this like you've screwed up in the past! (My Science Project, Spaced Invaders, etc). Spacehunter has a 4.0 Surround soundtrack (Left, Right, Center, mono surround) on the DVD and there's NO reason to not have it on the Blu-Ray! Spacehunter was presented in Dolby Stereo in theaters (along with those other films I mentioned) so there's NO reason for the audio to be mono on the Blu-Ray! I get the no 3D, but mono audio is unacceptable when the film was presented in Dolby Stereo in theaters. It doesn't have to be 5.1 but it CAN'T be mono!

You can't make this stuff up!

Bob, this same fellow posted on Facebook. I answer him here as I did there:

"My good man, if they can make the picture mono, they sure as heck can make the sound mono!"

I hope his irony detector comes back online soon. It's a shame to be blind to it in oneself. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks