Spacecraft DVDs under $15 at Sam's Club

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by alan halvorson, Mar 15, 2005.

1. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I found the following Spacecraft DVDs, APOLLO 11: MEN ON THE MOON, APOLLO 8: LEAVING THE CRADLE, PROJECT GEMINI: A BOLD LEAP FORWARD and THE MIGHTY SATURNS: SATURN I AND IB today at the Sam's Club in Woodbury, MN, for just under $15 each. The cheapest online prices hover around $25; these used to go for something like $45 each at Best Buy. I got the Megapack of these titles back when it was $88.98 and thought I got a deal, but this is much better, so get 'em now!

2. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    My Sam's Club in Clearwater, FL did not have Apollo 11, but it had the other 3. Thanks for the heads up. I have been wanting these for years and finally convinced my wife that the prices were right.

3. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

These are well worth it. If you weren't aware, Spacecraft Films has continued issuing sets for each Apollo mission and also has a 6-disc Mercury set coming up. See their site, www.spacecraftfilms.com for details. They have poor distribution, however, and mostly are just available directly. As a result, they're not cheap. But they keep getting better and better as they go. These first four sets have a lot of silent footage that's hard to watch. They've been adding a ton of audio material to keep that from being a problem on more recent sets. The Liftoff set includes commentaries that make for fascinating listening. I think Apollo 12 comes out this month and Apollo 16 shortly and that will complete the moon missions.