What's new

SpaceCamp Problems (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I saw the other thread for this movie on here, but no one brought up any problems theyve had with the disc. On www.dvdreview.com there are 3 people including myself who all have problems with the disc pixelating and breaking up. On my Sony DVD player, it starts to break up right around the time where they are bringing back the oxygen tanks from Daedalus. This is the exact same spot where it started to break up for another user on that board. He says he returned his copy for another and it did the exact same thing at the same spot.
With the recent problems AB has had with Opera, does anyone know if this is the same issue? Is AB's QC going to hell? I emailed them last week, but havent gotten a response yet. Who do I contact at AB about getting this replaced with a fixed copy? Thanks.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Having the same problem (pixelization and eventual freezing) when Space Camp is played on the Panasonic H1000.
frown.gif

Paul

Kevin Korom

Stunt Coordinator
I had my copy pixelize twice (1st time I've had a DVD do that in at least 3 years), but it wouldn't repeat. Mine did it just after the instructors caught the two lovebirds out at night...
------------------
Kevin

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get a replacement disc from AB on this since the ones at retailers appear to have the same problems?
I emailed AB through their main contact email address on their website, but that was over a week and a half ago and Ive never gotten a response.
Perhaps Ron or someone who knows the guy they did the Anchor Bay chat with could contact him and find out for us? Thanks.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Mine started pixellating in Chapter 23 when Jinx clues mission control into the use of Morse code. Had been playing fine on my Sony DVP-S300. I suppose it's time to shoot an e-mail off to Anchor Bay.

I decided to watch this last night since I hadn't seen it in years, and my copy started pixelating, and it froze up several times. It was really frustrating since when is would pixelate, the sound would go off for a few seconds, and you'd miss the lines. After about messing with it at least 50 times during the movie (pausing, rewinding to where it broke up, trying to hear the missed lines) I finally gave up with about 20 minutes left in the movie, and just went back to the menu and switched to the P&S version, and that one had no problem. I know, I know, that's a big sin to watch pan&scan, but I was frustrated and just wanted to finish watching the damn movie. If anyone has someone to contact to replace this over at the studio, please let me know. Thanks!

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Well I tried playing around with my Space Camp DVD and noticed that I was able to get audio from the trailer. After that I was also able to get audio from the film itself. My wife will watch it tommorrow and will let me know of any pixelation.

From what I've seen so far, the disc looks darn good. Especially better than the VHS I rented years ago.

Ron Dodolak

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron
Just got this dvd and the movie is completely unwatchable on my Sony DVP-S7000. The trailer, menu and opening credits are fine but then it begins to skip and finally locks up. I tried it in a Sony DVP-C660 and it appeared to play fine. Did anyone have any luck in getting a corrected version?

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
This is funny.
Just did a search after returning this movie twice!!
First time, it was scratched up inside the box.
Sent it back to buy.com and got a new one, looked good.
Wouldn't play at all!! In neither my new Sony 5-disc progressive changer or my old Toshiba, OR my computer!!
Will be dropping if off at UPS again today. Thankfully, Buy.com pays return shipping.
It was cheap, but now that I found out its non-anamorphic and many have had problems with it I'm feeling pretty empty. Hold me. (Just kidding, unless you're hot, and a woman);)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Non-Anamorphic, that blows. When will they stop this non-anamorphic madness!!!! What's the Aspect Ratio?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
So I think I can ZOOM 1.85:1 non-anamorphic to fill my 16x9. Don't want the bars, starting to get burn-in.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
That bites.(MAR)

I hope they didn't just slap black bars on the P&S version. That would really suck.

Don't know why they would do that unless they just opened up the mattes. That would only make sense if they did the special effects in the 1.85:1 aspect ration instead of a tighter 2.35:1.

I can zoom it on my set to fill the screen, but I'll have to switch to interlaced, and my TV overstretches vertically in that mode. Curse you, non-anamorphic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks