What's new

Spaceballs 2! (1 Viewer)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor

You said it, George!

If Brooks can pull off the Queen Amidala hairdo gag as well as he did the Princess Leia/Vespa gag... someone told me [d/k if it is true] that Carrie Fisher saw that part and had to be helped to the ladies room before she had an unseemly accident.

Well, maybe it could be a prequel, which would rule out the need for John Candy [R.I.P, buddy!]. Of course, other than Mel himself, how many members of the original cast would be willing to reprise their roles?

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I think it would be cool if Brooks could find a role for Larry David in this movie. They were pretty funny together in the last season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm". Larry David could probably do a good Dark Helmet, but he's probably too tall for the short gag to work.

A manic Dark Helmet could be pretty funny.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I guess they could always say that Barf went to Moggie Heaven and go in a totally different direction for the sidekick (Insert Ewok joke here).

Not to be cruel, but it's not like anyone became big time $20 Million Dollar Movie stars. Why wouldn't they want to come back? I'm pretty sure everyone is still with us with the exception of John Candy.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Yeah I know the actress who played Princess Vespa chimed in on VH1's "When Star Wars Ruled The World", so I doubt she wouldn't be able to fit this into her schedule.

Besides the old Hollywood adage of a person being only as hot as their last project probably helps Mel Brooks, as The Producers was seen as a huge hit.

He could probably get a lot of people to do cameos at least for Space Balls 2.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
"Hey, how in the hell did we get here? Cue up the Spaceballs 2: The DVD!"

"Ah, here it is, sir... there was a scene deleted in which the warp drive malfunctioned and we ended up in Texas. According to the commentary, it wasn't that interesting."

RyanAn

Screenwriter
With all the new technology, imagine how nice this sequel could look. He could totally make fun of the new Star Wars, it would be perfect. Personally, I would love to see Horatio Sanz as the son of Barf.

Ryan

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I didn't find the last movie he did (?) Dead and Loving it, to be all that funny, so I have doubts about Spaceballs 2, but if it is a true sequal, the material for new parody of the SW movies is limitless :).

'According to the Expanded Spaceballs Universe, Dark Helmet was born here and has a secret sister..."

DH: "Really? I have a sister?"

Mark C.

Supporting Actor

Horatio Saenz is the actor I thought of immediately for the father of Barf (if this is a prequel).

This movie sticks with me. Even now, watching Episode IV-VI, I keep expecting to see "We Brake for Nobody'' plastered on the back of some of those Empire battle cruisers.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

Yeah have some handsome kid play him before Dark Helmet, then show his transition to a nerdy Dark Helmet.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
While I think a prequel is the way to go, I think a cool sequel title for Spaceballs could be Spaceballs: Assholes Strikes Back

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Well, in response to my own theory from 2004 on page 1 - I don't think Horatio Sanz will be able to play the son of Barf, but for a great reason! He's lost over a 100lbs!!!

And for the record, I'd lot to see Dot Matrix on the bigscreen one more time! ;0

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks