What's new

Spaceballs 2! (1 Viewer)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
If it does happen, I can't see Brooks getting out of calling it "The Search for More Money", as the AICN link mentions. :D

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I was just thinking about this the other day. Now I guess I don't have to write it for my own amusement. :D

*May the Schwartz be with you*

Wonder if there will be any DVD jokes like the VHS joke in the first one. Perhaps they will pull it out and play all the alternate scenes or endings. :D

Pete-D

Screenwriter
It'd be funny if they brought back Rick Moranis.

This news definitely makes me smile.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad to hear there will be a Spaceballs 2, and I agree it must be called the search for more money.

Evil will win, because good is dumb.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Will Rick Moranis return as Dark Helmet though? Last I heard, he was retired from acting all-together and raising his kids full time.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I liked SPACEBALLS. I don't know if Mel Brooks still "has it" anymore, but I'd be interested in Part 2.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Perhaps they will do a prequel that shows how he became Dark Helmet? If they did it like this, then they wouldn't necessarily need Moranis although for me he would be missed.

Then again, who knows?

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
Hey, who needs Moranis for Dark Helmet when David Prowse is still active? :D

But, I've said it before and I'll say it again: John Candy is irreplaceable.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
If they can't get Rick Moranis, they coudl use David Burke. Also very funny and looks a lot like him.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't have to be tied to the SW mythos so much this time out -- there's plenty of sacred fantasy franchise cows that need a good kick in the pants.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I suspect George's penchant for re-editing the OT, Jar-Jar, the fact that no one notices Palpatine is Sidious, Amidala's elaborate hair-dos, Yogurt fighting, and the Clones (cue an anatomy joke) probably will provide some laughs.

I don't think I could stomach another Matrix "bullet-time" spoof though, that's just been way overdone.

I suppose they could riff on Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter also (maybe have young Dark Helmet kill Harry Potter to begin his descent to the Dark Side).

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Shawn, I don't think Brooks ever intended to make that "sequel", it was just a device to hang some more jokes on at the end. Some pretty good ones, too, with "Hitler on Ice" and "Jews in Space."

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I think it would be a great gag if they watch "Spaceballs: The Movie" again and you can't even see anything because the whole screen is filled with CGI creatures which obscure virtaully everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks