What's new

SPACE: 1999 Season 2 Coming To Blu-Ray! (1 Viewer)

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
I'm hoping mine should be here from Amazon on sunday.

No year 2 ad bumpers but really looking forward to watching these in 5.1 at last

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Bryan^H said:
Looks like I will be forced to buy an all region Blu Ray player.
No way I'm letting this pass me by.

If PC playback is an option and you get good enough quality download the DVD Fab media player. The basic version is free at the moment and its switchable between regions.

You need to close the program and open it again each time you change regions

Unless this really is a Must see immediately item you might want to wait 6 months. If there's no US release by then ( which I'm sure there will be) there will have been at least one Network sale where you'll be able to get it with at least 40% off if not more.

Amazon UK cheapest at the moment at £57.50 although you won't get Networks exclusive slipcase - as if anyone cares about it

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Despite "preparing for despatch" since last night Amazon failed to ship this today so it looks like Monday at the earliest. :(

In related Anderson news Fanderson have made available today their spectacular new 3 cd soundtrack set for Captain Scarlet

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Year 2 arrived today. And it's excellent. Pictures and sound superb.
No need for an in depth review - there are just a few things US fans need to know.

The set is Region B locked.
It's 6 Bluray discs and bonus features include 50hz material.

The on screen cockups that have always been present - that is the clapperboard appearing on screen for a brief moment during the teaser for A Matter of Balance and an offscreen persons hand giving a gun to Magus in New Adam New Eve have been digitally corrected.

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
Look out for the in depth new interview with Martin Landau. He talks about his career in detail and on Space 1999 he is very critical of Season 2 and what the arrival of Fred Freiberger did to the series. He had lots of fights with Freiberger and others over the Season 2 scripts and what they tried to do with his character in the series.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
This may not be the most appropriate place but Network On Air are having a 60% off sale at the moment => Space 1999: Series 1 on Blu from England can be had for 9.99 Sterling + delivery ( I believe that it is Region Free but personally cannot confirm as I have second player dedicated to Region B play back which I normally use)

Regards

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
SAhmed said:
This may not be the most appropriate place but Network On Air are having a 60% off sale at the moment => Space 1999: Series 1 on Blu from England can be had for 9.99 Sterling + delivery ( I believe that it is Region Free but personally cannot confirm as I have second player dedicated to Region B play back which I normally use)

Regards
Link to the Network sale referred to.

http://networkonair.com/shop/122-itv-sale

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
SAhmed said:

Regards

S1 Blurays are region free. The included DVD with some extras is R2/PAL however.

I think Prisoner Complete series is also on sale this time which is wasn't the last 50% sale. Again Region Free

Space 1999 Season 2 has also dropped in price a bit to £50 (as stated about Region B locked) .

The site is having some difficulties however.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
David Norman said:
S1 Blurays are region free. The included DVD with some extras is R2/PAL however.

I think Prisoner Complete series is also on sale this time which is wasn't the last 50% sale. Again Region Free

Space 1999 Season 2 has also dropped in price a bit to £50 (as stated about Region B locked) .

The site is having some difficulties however.

It's £40.00 in the sale, not £50.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
smithbrad said:
Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing, the DVD is £40, while the Blu-ray is still £60.

I think US buyers can purchase tax free which drops the price a bit but the prices of season 2 are the same as they always have been and good job too.

That would have been a bad bit of PR from Network

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
smithbrad said:
Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing, the DVD is £40, while the Blu-ray is still £60.

Correct. The Bluray is £60 with the VAT added /50 without plus 6.70 to ship to the US

S1 is available for £8 plus 7.85 shipping

I find it a bit odd that what should be two similar size sets have differnet shipping prices, but less than humorous that that the 2 together aren't £8-9 shipped or even 15 shipped -- nope it;s £40 to ship 2 items together. I;d love to be able to put together a box with the 2 Robin of Sherwood, Prisoner, Space 1999 1 and/or 2, maybe Sweeney and a bunch of single disc items, but $65 shipping is just aggravating. At least once they hit 40 it stays at that rate until I run out of things to put in the cart

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
smithbrad said:

Ah, my apologies! Guess my look at that page was too quick!

Doesn't matter to me anyway, this'll have to drop quite a bit more before I make my purchase. I forget how much I paid for the Series One blu-ray, but I think it was at least six months to a year after UK release date, if not longer. It was in one of Network's Christmas sales, as I recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks