What's new

SPACE: 1999 Season 2 Coming To Blu-Ray! (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I agree, but hold out hope that UFO gets a release here.
I have the Network Region B blu ray release of UFO too. It looks even better than Space 1999. Its so cheap to go region free now. I finally did it 2 years ago and wonder why it took me so long. They are cheap now under $100 for a player and so many movies and tv available.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I finally bought the UK release of UFO as well. I kept waiting/hoping that someone would release a version that fixed all of the previous errors (and came from a newer HD master), but the UK version, with its flaws, is better than the other ones in circulation. At least they fixed all the day-for-night shots.

Probably good enough to keep me from double-dipping, anyway.

It's felt that the UK DVDs have better color correction than any of the blu-rays.

There's a comparison of the various UFO releases here.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have the Network Region B blu ray release of UFO too. It looks even better than Space 1999. Its so cheap to go region free now. I finally did it 2 years ago and wonder why it took me so long. They are cheap now under $100 for a player and so many movies and tv available.

Yeah same. $100 for an unlocked Sony player and I’ve got some amazing shows that just aren’t coming out here. Or just cheaper to get overseas.

UFO is on my short list

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I finally bought the UK release of UFO as well. I kept waiting/hoping that someone would release a version that fixed all of the previous errors (and came from a newer HD master), but the UK version, with its flaws, is better than the other ones in circulation. At least they fixed all the day-for-night shots.

Probably good enough to keep me from double-dipping, anyway.

It's felt that the UK DVDs have better color correction than any of the blu-rays.

There's a comparison of the various UFO releases here.

Wow, wait they changed the flashback scenes in The Long Sleep to sepia tone??? Really????

Maybe I’ll jusf stick with the A&E DVDs...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks