sp4805 upgrade to Optoma HD72

Discussion in 'Displays' started by jasonCJ, Apr 27, 2006.

1. jasonCJ

jasonCJ Auditioning

Thinking about upgrading to a 720 projector. Anybody have any experience upgrading to the HD72 from the 4805?? I dont know if it will be worth it. Primarily running DVDs, with the now possible HD TV?? I dont think I will be able to preview these, as noone carries both in my area. Anybody familiar with both pjs. Both have great reviews, and I have been real happy with the 4805 onto a Dalite 106" screen. Total light controlled envirnment, dedicated room. thanks for the input in advance.

2. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Hey Jason. Haven't seen the HD72 but like you say, it's gotten some excellent reviews. I know it has one slight shortcoming in that it's not as easy to mount due to it's short zoom mode. Still, it appears to be a great image and a great value. Best of luck.

3. jasonCJ

jasonCJ Auditioning

thanks, Im putting the image through a 480p player, and Im not sure I will see the benefits to the 720i pj until I upscan, or upgrade to hd-dvd. Since Im not sure if I will be getting HDtv right away, I might just enjoy the 4805 for a little longer. What do you think the 1080 pjs will be doing price wise in the next year or so? Thats my dilemna