What's new

Soylent Green, Omega Man, Demon Seed, THX 1138, Collosus,other 70s Scifi (1 Viewer)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Any word on these coming to DVD? It seems like forever for these movies. I sure hope the get the Silent Running treatment.
UFO Incident, The (Jame Earl Jones) (Universal TV)
The Day Time Ended/Timewarp(Full Moon)
Collosus: The Forbin Project (Universal Studios)
Phase IV (1973) (1973 Paramount)
THX 1138 (Warner)(Robert Duvall, Donald Pleasence)
Omega Man (Warner)(Charlton Heston, Anthony Zerbe)
Illustrated Man (Warner)(Rod Steiger)
Demon Seed (Warner)(Julie Christie, Fritz Weaver)
Soylent Green (Warner)(Charlton Heston, Edward G. Robinson)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'll second most of these. Lucas won't do 1138 for a while, though, methinks.
Omega Man has been in postponement hell for quite some time.
My wife, Koontz fan that she is, would die ( :) ) if Demon Seed hit DVD.
And I would die myself if Forbin Project ever hit!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
My favorites from that list: 'The Omega Man' and 'Colossus The Forbin Project'.
I'd love to have them on dvd in their OAR and with any available extras.

Still regularly listen to Ron Grainer's fantastic score for Omega Man, one of my faves.

I have a 2.35 wide copy of Colossus, taped off the SF channel, very nice, but would prefer a remastered dvd copy.

Demon Seed was fun too, don't read on if you haven't seen it... Julie Christie is raped by Proteus, a mad super computer bent on fathering a child, and somehow succeeds in getting her pregnant!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I want Phase IV, Soylent Green & The Forbin Project. Of course, all in OAR with extras!:cool:

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Out of the titles mentioned, I only enjoyed DEMON SEED. I would love to get it on DVD with some nice extras. Someone told me that MGM owns DEMON SEED now, but I don't know if that is true.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Soylent Green was heading to DVD. I'm pretty sure my memory isn't false. From MGM, so it'd be at least a decent effort features wise.

Kelly V

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto on all of these titles - even the ones that I haven't seen. There are so many that I want, but at the top of my DVD wish list are the SciFi and Horror titles. An extra big thumbs up for the "go ahead" on Omega Man and Soylent Green. There about 20 people, customers and employees, at our store who would be all over these titles if we could get them. We don't need food...we just need more DVDs!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I've never seen Soylent Green, but I would be waiting at the front door for Best Buy to open if it were to come out.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
In my mind, THX-1138 is Lucas's best film. I'd love to see a nice DVD of this film some day. Commentaries, deleted scenes if any exist, interviews, the original student version and even some of Lucas's other student projects would be cool.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I'd love to see Omega Man & Soylent Green finally make it to DVD. I'd also buy THX 1138 if it came out. My guess is that it won't be put out on DVD until after the OT finally makes it.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Soylent Green was heading to DVD. I'm pretty sure my memory isn't false.
Someone mentioned that the DVD cover was up at one of the review sites, but that cover has been around for over 2 years. The fact that Warner would release The Swarm before Omega Man or Soylent Green leaves me scratching my head. Warner does a good job on their releases, but their selection of films and release pattern leaves a lot to be desired.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
It does make you wonder about the thought process that goes into deciding which films get released. I certainly have to question WB's.:frowning:

Andre F

Screenwriter
I would also love to see Omega Man and Soylent Green on DVD. I have yet to see Omega Man but I love those old Heston movies.
-Andre F

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Put me down for Soylent, Omega Man, and THX 1138. I'm wondering if the new "family friendly" Lucas will allow his excellent first film to be released.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Oh, man ... :)
Colossus: The Forbin Project is THE movie that I have to see every time I catch it on TV! It's been a favorite ever since I caught it on the tube in my teens in the '70's. My wife LOVES to see the *young* Eric Braeden as Forbin, esp. because of his role as Victor on Y&R. ;) Well, I can forgive her for that.
Bring it on! PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!:D

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
THX 1138:emoji_thumbsup: I'm thinking we'll get an SE version with the midgets toward the end replaced with ewoks and Donald Pleasance's character replaced with Jar-Jar. However it goes, I really don't think we'll get the film-student version, though it would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks