What's new

"Southwest will charge large fliers extra fare" - What is your opinion? (1 Viewer)

Steve Kuester

Second Unit

I believe corporations are allowed to cater to the clients that they choose. Should an obese person sue the GAP because they don't offer jeans with a large enough waist size?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I would fly Southwest alot more often if they operated out of Logan.

Be as "outraged" as you want... Question as many of Southwest's policies as you want. Southwest is one of the only major airlines that consistently turns a profit each quarter. Q2 Financials
your second statement explains exactly why southwest wouldn't touch logan in a million years.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Also, obesity is not covered in a blanket sense under the ADA, so people would have little legal recourse in these cases.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I believe corporations are allowed to cater to the clients that they choose. Should an obese person sue the GAP because they don't offer jeans with a large enough waist size?
They can cater to who they choose provided they don't discriminate based on race, ethnicity or sex.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
i was agreeing with you, essentially. oh, and i guess airplanes have to meet the requirements of the ADA, but again obesity is not covered in it. But I do wonder - there's no way in hell a wheelchair will fit on an airliner, how do they handle that when a passenger who is paralyzed needs to fly? i would assume the chair stays up front. do they carry the person to his/her seat?

Walt N

Second Unit
how do they handle that when a passenger who is paralyzed needs to fly? i would assume the chair stays up front. do they carry the person to his/her seat?
The person is transferred and buckled into a "straight back" chair which can go down the aisles. They are then transferred to their seat in the plane, buckled in, and their own wheelchair is stowed so it can meet them at the arrival gate. A cabin crewmember is appointed to that person to get them off the airplane in the case of an emergency, or in some cases the person can have an attendant of their choosing ride with them for free to serve in that capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks