What's new

Southpark Attacks Lucas & Speilberg (1 Viewer)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I think Butters is going to end up coming back and becoming the permanent fourth friend, but I hope he blows up the world as Professor Chaos, first, or something like that. I think Matt & Trey have the balls to do that :D.

Clint B

Second Unit
Wasn't there talk of having Kenny's ghost come back in an episode? I know that they can't revive him permanently without stretching all credibility, but I'd love to see Kenny back--he's much better than Tweek or Butters.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there talk of having Kenny's ghost come back in an episode?
Matt Stone said months ago that he was happy to finally kill Kenny off for once and for all. With that in mind, I don't think we will be seeing Kenny (in any kind of form) any time soon.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
reading some of the comments in this thread I can't help but think some people missed Cartman saying "you've been our new friend now for two weeks, and I got to be honest with you it isn't going well. People aren't that into you, they find you kind of annoying"

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
maybe we need to re-re-re-re-release this thread....

ALL ERRONEOUS "SOUTH PARK" REFERENCES HAVE BEEN REPLACED WITH THE PHRASE "HAVE A NICE DAY"

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This episode was on late last night and I caught it again. I like all the little things in the episode, like the aforementioned thing Cartman says to Butters.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I tuned in for the first time in quite some time to see this episode specifically and I'm damn glad I did. :D
Funny stuff. How about the Parker/Stone blurbs where they have the improved scenes of the first episode? "We meant to have AT-AT Walkers in the background."

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
I loved this episode. This new season is an absolute trip. What's great about SP, is that you have to be pretty quick to pick up on all the references to other stuff, like Pitfall in the priest episode, or Jedi when they were talking to George Lucas in this one. (Notice, that there were NO copies of Howard the Duck, modified or no, on the shelf :)
One thing I don't think has been widely talked about here is the impact that this could have. South Park has always been great social commentary through satire. When they do something big (like the Osama episode) it gets attention. Even if it's not widely hyped, think about the numbers - maybe 40,000 members of the HTF, possibly 1 to 4 million South Park viewers(I'm totally guessing, but I'm sure it's in the millions). That's alot of people being informed, if not educationally, then generally, of a problem we all think is serious (except for the thread crappers on page one who should know better:rolleyes:) This really should be in the Software section, as it deals with all the movies we've been bitching about getting in proper form on DVD for months and years, but I digress...
As far as South Park not being as popular as it once was, I think that's missing the bigger picture. The Simpsons went through a similar period where the REAL fans kept watching after the media hype died down, and they are still doing just fine. For comparison, look at Beavis and Butthead. They were funny, but didn't last even this long. (Although I am stoked about Paramount putting out the "History of " this fall). South Park will be historically remembered as offering funny, blatantly truthful, social commentary and being totally against the mainstream perceptions of acceptable.... except Tweek, 'cause "that's just way too much PRESSURE!!!!!"
Bring on the next South Park movie!
Matt

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The reason that they canned Beavis and Butt-head was because Mike Judge didn't want to do it anymore.

The Simpsons is now the longest running animated Television show.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I also believe that Kenny will be brought back for the second film, no matter what Matt & Trey say. It would be just like them to have Kenny cameo in the South Park film sequel.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Morgan,

A.) What's your point? Do you REALLY believe that was the only reason? It was a nice coincidence, at best. Personally, I wish they would have kept going. Unfortunately, MTV viewers are some of the most fickle out there.

B.) That was MY point.

And I am ALL for more Towlie! Did you guys know you can buy a talking Towlie on Comedy Central's website? I keep threatening my wife with it's purchase, but she keeps saying something about she doesn't even know what's going on...

Matt

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind it when they do make "special versions" of their movies. Personally, I see it as nothing more than a money scheme, but that's just me. As long as both versions are available on DVD, and any other format that comes along, I'm happy.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Morgan,

A.) What's your point? Do you REALLY believe that was the only reason? It was a nice coincidence, at best. Personally, I wish they would have kept going. Unfortunately, MTV viewers are some of the most fickle out there
Well Mike Judge was starting the King of the Hill on Fox, and they were paying him better.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
You know when I saw the South Park movie, I walked out thinking that the series was over. They just couldn't do more than what they did up on the big screen. But they've held it together surprisingly well. Although they had a dip in quality for a few episodes here and there, they've largely done a great job.

I'm sorry I missed this episode, as I think it is probably one of their better ones. The South Park DVD for Season 1 would be a perfect place to offer an SE of South Park Episode 1. Just stuff in scenes that makes absolutely no sense in being there (somewhat like the Hardware Wars special edition).

I would love for them to do another South Park movie. Has anyone heard that they are going forward with one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks