What's new

Southpark Attacks Lucas & Speilberg (1 Viewer)

Travis D

Second Unit
I loved how every gun in the episode was a walkie-talkie. Also, did you see when they talked about going back to the original episode of South Park and adding in Imperial walkers and Dewbacks? Man, Stone and Parker are the 2 most honest and hilarious individuals working in TV today. 3 for 3 this season.

BTW - Matt Stone, who replied earlier in this tread, you wouldn't happen to be.... nah....

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Stone and Parker really know their stuff, and thank god for it.

I can't believe how witty this episode was. They should show it to Lucas and Spielberg and see what they say.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm making a rare trip to the TV Forum because DAMN that episode was funny! I was thinking of various HTF discussions throughout the whole show!
I think the whole Free Hat subplot was pretty dull (aside from how the baby reacted to Hat up on the podium :laugh: ), but the Spielberg/Lucas stuff was classic!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I've never watched an entier SP episode before (even though I loved the movie), but I think I need to start watching it. This was hilarious!!
I liked the "Free Hat!" thing too, it just came out of left field for me. What was that thing with singing songs to make Lucas do what they wanted, is that some running gag in the series?
The commercial for the "South Park Episode One Special Edition" was GREAT!
The end with the jab at Red Cross was funny too... the whole episode was funny. :)
/Mike

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
yeah, Free Hat sucked.

This is also the first time I've watched Southpark in a while, and I must say that the kid replacing Kenny is way annoying, he really hurts the show, Kenny was much better!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
It should at least on Saturday...but I'm pretty sure that Comedy Central usually re-runs on Friday and Sunday too.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I think the Free Hat subplot was like most other subplots on South Park -- a way to illustrate their point in the main plot through complete absurdity.
Think about it.. Hat was a baby killer. What is the subtext regarding Lucas and Spielberg changing ESB, ET, and RotLA? That they were killing childhood memories of great movies.
Somewhat like last week's "poop out of mouth" subplot regarding a bunch of citizens blaming God for what dirty old men Catholics were doing.
Maybe I'm stretching but that's what I think ;)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Great episode... I especially love where they hid the original negative... the stores for Red Cross's 9/11 Disaster Relief Fund.

P.S. I think they need to get someone good to replace Tweek. He's good for the quick laugh, but loses charm very quickly.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They did a whole episode about choosing a new friend. I think it was the last episode of the last season. In that episode, they killed off Ms. Choksondick and made Tweek their new friend.

I think they were going to make Towelie their friend, but he always wanted to get high so they didn't choose him.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Butters was a better friend than Tweek. Tweek is just annoying. Butters was always willing to "take one for the team." :D

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I found last night's episode enjoyable, but there have been much better episodes this season. I will admit, I loved the fake commercial with Matt and Trey.
They did a whole episode about choosing a new friend. I think it was the last episode of the last season.
The last episode of the last season (Season 5) was Butters' Very Own Episode. The episode in which the gang fired Butters and hired Tweek as their new best friend was in Professor Chaos which aired back in April (it was the last of the bunch of new episodes for Season 6). As of now, we're in the middle of season 6 (last night's episode was episode 9 in the season, with the way past seasons have gone, we have 5 - 8 episodes left in the season).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I remember when Butters had his own episode. That was funny...

Anyway, anyone know what next week's episode is about?

And I think Butter and Tweek are both good. My brother hates Butters but loves Tweek, and I know others who think the opposite way. I like both.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks