What's new

Southern California Meet...Something Big is Brewing... (1 Viewer)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Ah, Ron, you must have gotten my e-mail with the ATA air fares. Good. It should prove to be a fun meet.
There aren't any major fees involved per se, but have some on hand for lunch at the Paramount commisary on Friday, and we may meet for lunch between Dolby and DTS locations on Thursday. If you make the meet at my house on Sunday, there will be a small fee for the catered meal. It's usually not more than $7 a person. Also, it might be wise to have some cash on hand in case we need to pay to park anywhere.
D.
------------------

Jeff Graebner

Auditioning
I'm definitely interested. At the least, I'm sure I could take Friday and Sunday, possibly Thursday as well. My wife would most likely want to come along as well at least to any screenings and such.
-Jeff

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Also, it might be wise to have some cash on hand in case we need to pay to park anywhere.
If parking in Burbank is anything like it is in West LA, bring lots of cash.
wink.gif

Glad to have you onboard for this meet, Ron!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am really looking forward to finally
meeting the California members!
There are a few things I will miss out on...
My flight comes in Thursday evening, so I will
miss the DTS and Dolby Digital tours.
I will be around Friday for the Fox & Paramount
gigs which sound tremendous.
Unfortunately, I leave Sunday. This means I
miss out on the meet at Dave's home.
Saturday looks like you guys have nothing
going on. Perhaps we can devise something to
do on Saturday to keep me occupied. :)
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ron,
Great idea! Hey David, since people are already committing to Th/Fr/Su, why not see if there's a contingency who wouldn't mind hanging out on Saturday? I'd be up for it, since I'm game for the other 3 days.
Anyone else?

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
It's okay by me to plan something on Saturday. Maybe in the evening so I can have the day to prepare for my meet on Sunday. At least a lunch somewhere would be a cool idea. By the way, we need someone to make laminated I.D. tags or badges with our HTF logo on it for the meet. Anyone have the creative know-how or resources for this task? Also, be advised that this thread is preliminary to see how much interest there is, and to see how many locals can actually take days off to attend events. Around March 16th, the official Meet thread goes up to list attendees for events. By that time, I hope to have every detail from our participants to give you.
------------------

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Yes Dave,I'm in as well for Thursday Friday for sure,not sure about Sunday yet.
------------------
"You Hungarians always disagree"

L. W. Cobb

Agent
Wow! This is shaping up to be a spectacular weekend for the locals! It'll be great to see all the Forum folks I've met at the last 2 SoCal meets, and a special pleasure to meet Mr. Epstein! Kudos to those whose efforts have made this possible- David and Ron, Peter Staddon and David DelGrosso, and the fine folks at Paramount and Dolby Labs. I count the days! :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have to be honest....
I was not originally planning on attending.
I played around with PRICELINE.COM, put in a
really bogus airplane fare, and the bastards
accepted it.
Now I have to get hotel and car! :)
I am getting very excited about meeting the
locals on the West Coast. I recognize many
of the names that have signed up, and I am
really anticipating meeting you guys.
Let's try to get something going for SATURDAY.
I have nothing to do that day, and unfortunately,
my plane leaves on SUNDAY so I can't make it to
David's home.
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Sorry Ron, this meet is for SoCal residents only! You are not allowed to attend!
Just Kidding :)
------------------
-Jeff Cooper
"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Oh yeah, also count me in too!
------------------
-Jeff Cooper
"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
I've got some days off coming up after today (3-7) so I am going to work on Saturday. I may try to hook up with the guy who demo'd his 48 channel setup at AES. That was pretty cool. There are all kinds of possibilities. We'll have something by March 16th when the official thread goes up. Stay tuned
------------------

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to go Thurs - Sunday. Can we bring someone also? Email me to let me know the details and I'll check back when the thread is posted also.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I mean to add that I live in So Cal so I'm local (San Diego area). There would actually be 2 of us - myself and another person for Thursday - Sunday. We would like to go to all of the events. Email me back & let me know. I can't wait.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Stan, I only have one stipulation on attendees and that is they must be members of HTF. I have that stipulation because I want to get the most So Cal members into these events as possible. I can't have a member missing out because a non-member attended. Seats are limited. Thank you for your question.
DT
------------------

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
I just heard from Dolby and unfortunately, they are very busy at the time of the meet and cannot participate. That doesn't mean that we'll never see them. They may participate in future events. We're sad to exclude them this year but now we have an open slot to fill. I have a few ideas up my sleeve so stay tuned.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks