What's new

South Park..Was that brilliant... (1 Viewer)

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
By looking at the promo pic at southparkstudios.com you can see that they did change something.

I think they squeaked it in at the last minute maybe.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Dammit, I stayed in line for 4 hours to see Return of the King(well well worth it) so I missed South Park. I'll have to catch the repeat.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
My guess is that they had the Saddam theme the whole time - they just updated the picture and some one liners for the final cut... but you never know.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
That would be my guess as well. If you look at the episode there were only a few shots, maybe a minute or so of actual episode footage, that needed to be updated to be current with events.

Brilliant satire as always. South Park is crude and rude, but rarely less than billiant.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I love musical episodes! :laugh:

Follow the only road,
follow the only road,
there's only one road in Canada
and we call it the only road.

French Canada is the best Canada...

Watch out for Scott, he's a dick! :laugh:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Things I never knew about Canada (until this episode aired):

1.) Car tires are square
2.) There's only 1 road
3.) Mounties ride sheep
4.) Mimes drink wine
5.) Newfoundland is kinda scary
6.) Scott's a Dick

:D

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Well, shennanigans calls for a large crowd to beat the crap out of the thread ... and that's just not right.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Just saw the episode. Surprisingly, a lot of facts about Canada aren't that far off the mark. :)

The "Only Road" concept has merit. We do have an official "only road" that runs across the entire country: the Trans-Canada Highway. And it does go through Ottawa, just a stone's throw away from the Parliament Buildings.

There's no dock in front of the Parliament Buildings. However, there is a river behind the buildings (including docks of all kinds) -- right after the steep cliff!

New Prime Minister? Yep! It's not necessarily an improvement, but it's still better than the current choice of clowns in the other federal parties! Let's hope an election isn't declared TOO soon!

Women bearing their breasts in public legally? In Ontario, yes. In the rest of the country, not yet.

And now my pet peeve. FRENCH CANADIANS ARE NOT LIKE THE FRENCH!!! We HATE mimes just as much as English Canadians, we don't all wear berets (we wear toques), and wine is NOT our national drink (we prefer beer). Even more important, we speak with a French Canadian accent, not a French accent tabarnak!

Any questions? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks