What's new

South Park season1 Audio Problem (1 Viewer)

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
Hi there, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, the search function didn't give me any such results:

I just wanted to know if anyone has got this set?
the reason I ask is that I found that every few minutes there's a "pop" in the audio. these glitches are not mentioned in the reviews except for this one:
http://www.dvdtoons.com/reviews/117

need to try this set out on another player, but I found that there was a very annoying audio “pop” every couple of minutes or so on my review copy. I checked my equipment, but do wonder if this wasn’t from a faulty batch, as the problem persisted over the three discs in the set. Have a check for yourselves, but the ones I noticed in the first episode (Cartman Gets An Anal Probe) were around 0:52 seconds, 03:28 minutes and 04:20. These are just the first few I picked up, and I just got numb to it in the end. Still, it marred my enjoyment of the set.
anyone?
thanks

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The pops have been there since the first South park discs released. It's wildly theorized they're on the master tapes

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yes. The first season was done very crudely. In fact, the first episode was still done with carboard cut outs. I highly doubt the audio is in any better shape than the way it is on the DVD's.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
see also:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=134704

I'm still wondering about this- as it seems MUCH more obvious on some systems than others. I've been meaning to rip the AC-3 tracks and look them over- but haven't had time. If someone has a specific passage, episode, and time code that a pop is present and repeatable- post here and I'll look at the files.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
Thank you!!
I was just surprised that nobody from the reviewers mentioned it.
Then I thought I should have bought the (more expensive) R2 but if they are all the same (coz of the master tapes)
But If it is so widely spread I'll have to live with it.
Funny you mention that with the cardboard, Mark.
I was watching the first one and was surprised that there was that extensive halo effect, then I thought now has to be intentional, but why now I know;)
thanks

PS no I didn't see it before (it's difficult to watch south park in Luxembourg if you don't want to hear the German dub)

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
If someone has a specific passage, episode, and time code that a pop is present and repeatable- post here and I'll look at the files.
here you go

Episode 101 Cartman gets an analprobe:

just a few:

12:40 left speaker
14:24 right speaker
15:16 right
16:08 right
17:01 left
17:54 both

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks