Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!

Anybody who did not see the humor in this week's episode
did not see the new Indiana Jones movie.

Let me tell you, I applaud Matt and Trey for going after Lucas
and Spielberg for what they did to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom
of the Crystal Skull. If you saw the movie, you realize that
Indiana Jones was raped...badly.

That was just a hilarious sendup that was spot-on. The scene with
the stormtrooper getting raped, running and screaming from the
Lucas/Spielberg compound was just some of the funniest shit I have
ever seen from South Park.

Congrats again to Matt and Trey for making a statement that needed to be made!

Poor Indy!

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I saw the movie. Rape jokes just don't do it for me I guess. That's the best they could come with? Playing off the old "Lucas raped my childhood" crap?
And why spare Harrison Ford if they're so pissed off about the film?

The only thing I laughed at was the Howard the Duck pinball machine. Too bad there never was one made. There actually was a Willow arcade game!

The "Free Hat" episode did it better.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I only saw that last 15 minutes of the episode so I missed some of the context setting this up. I was wondering if this episode was a statement against Spielberg and Lucas or was the joke on the fans by showing how ridiculous the whole "Lucas raped my childhood" statements are.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I rarely watch South Park, maybe once every few years, but I heard they were lambasting Indy IV, so I had to watch this one. It was *so* on the money. I was horrified by how bad that movie was.

OTOH, the Chinese subplot left me kinda cold.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I felt completely opposite of most people here. This episode came across more as making fun of the complete over-reaction of the fans. I mean, come on, crying over the fact a movie was bad is just over the top.

To me, this episode was on target in it's showing of how outrageous fans can get when it comes to a movie.

Speilberg and Lucas have every right to make the Indiana Jones character do whatever they want. And yes, they could even have him get raped. LOL
He is, after all, just a character that they created. It is fiction.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

It's Japanese speakers, not Chinese speakers, who mix up their Ls and Rs. The question is whether that was a goof on their part or whether it was a self-aware joke-within-a-joke.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Showing the actual rape scenes and portraying Lucas and Spielberg the way they did (especially the part at the end, where they were caught *actually raping a character*) was without question an attack on them, not on the upset fans. If they wanted to make fun of the fans, they wouldn't've justified their reactions by showing the filmmakers as real monsters.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
MUCH better this week. I'm always a fan of episodes where the kids get to actually act like kids, with the South Park sensibility creeping in on the margins.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I may be going to hell for this, but I laughed the hardest at Cartman's breast cancer class report.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Breast Cancer Show Ever

Just another so-so episode for me.

But I did like the part where Cartman was eating his underwear, then hacking them up in front of Stan. Then Cartman saying "So that's where I put those."

It's been awhile, but didn't it seem like they were doing a small parody of the movie Three O'Clock High

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member

I thought of Three O'Clock High as well. Amazing that I remembered it after all these years.

Derek, what was it referencing?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode really didn't do anything for me. Not really sure what it was going for. I get the "Cloverfield" parody, but the Homeland Security vs. the pan flute bands seemed like a parody years too late. The only parts I did enjoy a bit were when Craig was telling the gang why nobody at school ever wanted to hang out with them and why they didn't like them very much. Guess we'll find out more next week as this looks to be a (at least) two parter.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

After last week's hilarious episode, last night was a total disappointment. The only thing I thought was funny was the "rape" reference only because it was unexpected. South Park doesn't usually care about continuity, so references to previous episodes are rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks