What's new

South Park: Season Twelve (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wish they had cut that because it already felt extremely dated. When the episode reruns in a month and a half, it'll be even more dated and when the DVD comes out in a year, Spitzer will barely be a memory.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
We were thinking of watching a movie, but it got to be midnight so we just put on South Park instead. Afterwards, I popped in Heavy Metal for a few minutes, just so my wife (who'd never seen it) would get the references.

We ended up watching the whole thing. Damn, I felt like I was 14 again. That flick is so gloriously ridiculous that I can't help but revel in its awesome badness. Ah, sweet teenage memories of Cinemax free preview weekends!

Even my wife, who is not even remotely a member of its target age range or gender, enjoyed it!

And the episode was cool, too. The cats-in-the-attic stuff had me rolling. Nice twist to have Cartman do something heroic for a change. :)

Then it'll be a spoof of Paterson instead. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't know, the public figure confessing his sins while his wife stands stoically beside him has repeated enough times that you don't even have to relate it specifically to Spitzer. Sadly, it's a scene that has been pretty common in our recent culture. And as Aaron said, there'll be more in the future.

I did like Sheila's half-lidded squinty eyes and telling him, "Don't touch me!" :laugh:

Never saw "Heavy Metal" but still enjoyed the cheesing sequences. :)

I think this has been mentioned before, but I re-discovered last night that all of Kenny's lines appear as actual lines in the closed captioning. Very funny, especially when he has a larger part like this week's ep, and you can't keep up with all the muffled lines. :laugh:

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
I think it was a jab against no-longer-so-recent screenwriter strike. World Canadian Bureau had WGA initial (Writer's Guild of America), demanding Internet money.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Any episode where they goof on the Canadians is good in my book. Nothing against Canadians, but I love the South Park depictions of them.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Yes, that was obvious. :) What I meant was that the satire was politically nonsensical.

On the other hand, calling the World Canadian Bureau the WGA was freaking brilliant.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I loved the Canada on Strike episode.

What..what..what in the butt.
Is going to be in my head all day.

Even though I love Family Guy, I loved how they called back to Cartman hating Family Guy, since that's all they had to watch instead of T&P reruns.

Now I'm going to have to look up all these Youtube freaks.
Finally got the Chris Crocker freak on South Park, like I knew they would eventually.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Yeah, it would help if someone put the YouTube links here for all of us who are YouTube ignorant. I'm sure it would make the episode more enjoyable.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The two Chinese guys in the Houston Rockets jerseys lipsynched to the Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way." I'm at work, so I can't link to it.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
This was a great episode and quite a bit better than the Britney episode.
All the "youtube specials" duking it out in the room was hilarious!!!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I thought for sure that they would have two girls with one cup and everyone in the waiting room would be trying to get Butters to watch them and react... missed opportunity.

Brad

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
OMG, Crying Britney fan is unreal! Too funny. I wish I had known about it before seeing the episode. Butters video now makes sense to me but I really wish I hadn't seen that video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks