What's new

South Park: Season Fourteen (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Originally Posted by Jim_C

oh.my.god. That was awesome. I can't believe what they did with the planes, though.

My thoughts exactly. I saw the planes and thought "No....they wouldn't do that". And then "BOOM!" LOL! Man these guys can push the envelope. I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about more in the news though. I thought for sure we would have heard some rumblings by now.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
I guess you had to have seen the Jersey Shore to really appreciate this episode. I have not so I didn't really enjoy the episode but I did like Randy yelling "Fuck New Jersey!" while raising the flag and al-Qaeda arriving in the 747's was funny but the rest of the episode fell flat for me. They can't all be classics though.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ChadMcCallum

I guess you had to have seen the Jersey Shore to really appreciate this episode. I have not so I didn't really enjoy the episode but I did like Randy yelling "Fuck New Jersey!" while raising the flag and al-Qaeda arriving in the 747's was funny but the rest of the episode fell flat for me. They can't all be classics though.

I'm embarrassed to admit I've seen it. It's like watching a humanity train wreck; you can't keep your eyes away from the carnage.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I turned this episode off when they started spoofing Inception because I haven't seen it yet. Was there anything that could be considered a serious spoiler for the movie?

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
I was going to ask the exact same question. Looks like this weeks episode will have to sit on the DVR until I see Inception.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I watched this episode without seeing the movie.

Most of it went right over my head. It was barely

funny and I'm not certain I would have enjoyed it

more if I had actually seen Inception.

South Park really hasn't been as good lately as it

has been.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

I watched this episode without seeing the movie.

Most of it went right over my head. It was barely

funny and I'm not certain I would have enjoyed it

more if I had actually seen Inception.

South Park really hasn't been as good lately as it

has been.

I saw Inception and the episode still wasn't funny. Matt and Trey didn't like a popular movie, what a surprise!

I thought the first episode (the NASCAR one) of the run was good and the second one (the New Jersey episode) was hilarious but this episode seems like the usual dud that occurs in the middle of a run of episodes. If you do an episode in less than a week before it airs, you're not always going to hit a homerun.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
Thought it was the best episode of the season. Laughed pretty much from start to finish. The beatbox guy was the best. I didn't feel like it was a slam on Inception (which I liked) but it did point out the stupidity of it, like the overbearing soundtrack. What I like about South Park is how they can wrap a parody with their own story that works on its own. The hoarding backstory and Woodsy Owl conclusion had me in tears. It might also help that I once was Woodsy in a couple parades.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes it seems like they use the manatees that supposedly writes the Family Guy jokes to put together their plots. I can see idea balls with "Hoarding" and "Inception".

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Explains why the parody was so off-base. They hadn't actually seen Inception, so they were forced to make do using a parody as a reference. Bah.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It's cool of them to own up to it, but you'd think they would be more careful.

I wonder if there'll be a nod to Heath Ledger's Joker in the new Coon episode (I haven't seen the promos yet).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I was surprised that it's two episodes
Is the story continuing next week. I was wondering if it was that or they were just going for a Dark Knight-esque ending for The Coon.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The whole "DP" thing and the diagram were probably the highlights of the episode. And the Ctuhlhu reference.

Normally it would say something like "to be continued" if it were a two-parter, but who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks