about it the more I realize these were the two best
episodes South Park has ever done. Those who did
not have a chance to see them missed out on something
really incredible.

I hope, somehow, they will preserved on DVD for the
box release.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Wow, read reports of people's DVR recordings of the latest South Park episode from Cox cable being deleted by Cox. That would suck.
Wow. I defended Comedy Central in this thread. In most cases like this I don't immediately blame the broadcaster because I don't usually believe that they are the root cause. I don't like it but they're just reacting to other people's outrage. It would be nice if someone took a stand every now and then, but who wants to get fired or perhaps even put their life in danger over a cartoon? But this DVD situation, if true, crosses a line. Now we're getting into "scary" censorship.

I hope, somehow, they will preserved on DVD for the
box release.
If this DVR situation is no joke, then I would have to say the chances are slim the episodes will see the light of day on DVD anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by WillG

They're just reacting to other people's outrage.
Not to be a jerk but I don't understand why you keep pinning this on 'political correctness'. Comedy Central isn't scared of offending a minority or religion or culture, they're afraid that they're going to piss someone off who will kill people.

And once again, I don't agree with what Comedy Central did and it is scary that they're having cable companies delete the episode.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Not to be a jerk but I don't understand why you keep pinning this on 'political correctness'.
I'm talking more about these types of incidents in general. I understand that this one introduces potential safety issues (although I do believe that if there was no threat of violence but rather just special interest group kind of pressure, the episode still would probably have been censored). But the point is still that it's not really the network's fault that stuff like this has to happen sometimes (Like I said, it would be nice if someone would stand up to it, but nobody wants the repercussions on them.)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I still don't like the idea of violence as a check on freedom of speech. It's not just the word Mohommed and the image of Mohammed that Comedy Central censored; it was the meaning behind their use. I'm reminded of the old addage "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..." The line of what qualifies for violent retribution will keep getting pushed forward.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
South Park continues to impress me week after week.

This week's episode about cripple camp with Nathan
and Mimsy was hilarious.

This is truly the best season of South Park and each
episode supersedes the previous as being the best ever!

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
I thought it was a pretty weak episode. It had some funny bits, but overall I felt bored with it. Not really sure how I feel about this season so far.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by LynxFX

I thought it was a pretty weak episode. It had some funny bits, but overall I felt bored with it. Not really sure how I feel about this season so far.
While I enjoyed the episode I can see where some would consider it weak, or weaker anyway. I agree with Ron, though. This season has been one of the strongest I've seen in many years.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Cripple Camp was funny but not a classic or anything.

IMO only the Facebook episode is a weak link so far, which does make this a very solid season.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a pretty weak episode. It had some funny bits, but overall I felt bored with it
Yeah, I agree. Wasn't too impressed by it. I have found all the Towelie episodes somewhat weak so far (although I did chuckle at a few bits like Towelie observing inhaling the computer duster was like "walking on sunshine" and the part where Jimmy was surfing on a "real" ocean")

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I liked the attempts at killing Jimmy going wrong (especially the ridiculously silly shark mating) and some of Towelie's misdeeds were funny but there was no laugh outloud moment for me.

Either way, I'll be back in October when the show returns.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to ask -- were they trying to spoof the reality show "Intervention?"

Yes, as a matter of fact the Computer Duster "walking on sunshine" bit I mentioned was a direct reference to one of the episodes.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow! Guess I saw more humor in this show than the
rest of you did. That's okay. At least we agree that
this has been a great season thus far.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Could someone remind me what cartoon Nathan and Mimsy are based on? I'm pretty sure Mimsy was a whitish dog and I think they were after Bugs Bunny.

The whole cartoons/handicapped thing was just odd overall though.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that seemed to go by really fast. Was it less episodes than usual?

"If my friend Rocky was hiding in there, would I turn on the gas"

"You might, raaaabbbitttt, you might."

"Ok, if my friend Rocky was in there, would I throw in this lighted match?"

"Ok raaaaabitttt, you've convinced me, I'll go look for Rocky in the city"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks