What's new

South Park Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
You know I didnt even catch the last starfighter nod either, hehe. Very funny episode. I loved kenny first in line for the PSP.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

Same here. The poorest kid in town is at the front of the line to get the latest and expensive hi-tech toy. I kinda wonder if it wasn't a subtle jab at how some lower income failies still find a way to get those expensive toys despite living by the tracks.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit

That is so true. My wife teaches in an inner city school in a very poor district and her students always get the latest and greatest toys.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Dont forget they have the whitest sneakers around and the latest Sean John jeans. It also amazes me how some can afford luxury vehicles and they live in HUD housing. But then again, if I was getting a good deal of my rent paid, I'd probably get an Escalade and tell my girlfirend to pop out annother kid, to justify such a big truck. :D

Todd Calhoun

Agent

It was my impression that the Saddam in Canada episode had been prepared as a joke on no one knowing where Saddam was, and then he gets caught a few days before it airs!

So they just dubbed in some jokes about what he said when he was caught or something.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's always good when we can see Kyle's hair:)

And the just idea that they all hate baseball so much that they try to lose is funny enough.

Cartman's line about "Strike? You need goddamn Lasek eye surgery" was pretty good.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
Good Parts
Return of Kyle's Cousin, Kyle
Take of Rocky with Randy getting into fights

Best Part
Seeing all the boys hair and w/o their winter clothes, Including Kenny!!!

Bad part
Didnt see Timmy, Chef or Mrs. Garrison in this episode

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Love love love the Karate Kid music. I almost died at the very end!

Mixed feelings though -- the Red Sox' first victory over the Stanks this year was today, so I'm up on baseball at the moment. :)

Looks like the first episode was just an anomaly in an otherwise decent season (so far).

JoshEE

Agent
I loved when Randy was getting into the fights, he whips off his shirt "I'm right here, what do you wanna do, I'm right here!". Also when the cops were taking him to the car, every time "Oh, I thought this was America, I thought this was a free country" in a drunken slur.

I can sympathize with the kids, I remember being about 10 or 11 and standing in right field day-dreaming about watching Terminator 2 when I got home from the baseball game.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This was funny because I recently read an article (in Sports Illustrated, I believe). It was a note to parents, from the coach of their kids sports team.

It was great because it was so derogatory to these types of parents. Some of the lines were like "stop living through your son/daughter...your glory days are behind you and just because you are no longer the great sports start you once were, doesn't mean your kid has to be", etc.

I wonder if Matt and Trey read the same article?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Real Sports on HBO did a story a couple of weeks ago (or maybe it was last week) about how kids today are having Tommy John surgery because they're playing year-round and throwing all kinds of crazy pitches that screw up your arm.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
When I played little league in Florida (late 70s - early 80s), it was against the rules for pitchers to throw curve balls and other breaking pitches for this very reason (kids that young can really mess up their arms). We couldn't throw breaking pitches until we got to Babe Ruth league, which is the league after little league in Florida.

I loved playing baseball, but I definitely remember standing in the field daydreaming about doing something else... especially back in tee-ball days!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I just watched this episode again and while I caught the Rocky moments, I completely missed the Hulk Hogan spoof (i.e. the bat guy). :b

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Did anyone else notice Kenny "unmasked" yet again in the baseball scenes? He was the blond kid with no lines that was always near Kyle, Stan and Cartman. I wasn't confusing him with Tweak or Butters, they were there too, it was definitely Kenny as he appeared in "BLU" and "The Jeffersons".

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I crack up and go "aww" every time Butters says "Aw, hamburgers." :b

"There's gonna be heck to pay. Heck, I tell ya!" :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member