What's new

South Park Season 11 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well, with that break, it will give Trey & Matt plenty of time to come up with South Park 'gold"

I'm betting we will see a Britney Spears or Don Imus episode when they return,maybe not right away, but in the first few.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

If they didn't do those episodes during the recent run why would they do them when they're six-month-old stories?

The Imus story in particular woulda been pretty redundant after "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson".

Anyways, this was a good run and by the time the next run starts the last complete season still unavailable on DVD (10) will be out.

Season 11 (the current season) will be the first to finish itself with all previous seasons available on DVD so at point there shouldn't be anything stopping the latest DVD release but the completion of the season itself.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

You mean I'm going to have to wait a whole year between releases? This is unacceptable. I figured by now they'd be able to release season sets before the episodes were produced.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Don't give Comedy Central and Paramount any ideas.

I wouldn't rule out the spring and fall runs getting individual releases once they complete seasons are caught-up after the rumored August release of Season 10.

I can picture it now: "Buy South Park: Season 11 Part 1 on Tuesday before Part 2 starts airing on Wednesday!"

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
A reminder that new episodes of South Park start up again this Wednesday. This is the second half of season 11 I think.

"Le Petit Tourette". It is about Cartman faking Tourettes to get away with saying whatever he wants without getting in trouble. This should be pretty funny.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
ALRIGHT!

South Park is back.
Seems like forever.

And to start up again with a Cartman cussing episode.
Should be pretty funny

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Funny episode and it presented what I'd consider a fair portrait of Tourette's Syndrome and even Cartman learned his lesson. It was funny that Kyle inadvertantly saved Cartman too.

The funniest bit for me was when one of the pedophiles came in and said "No brownies" and shot himself. I also loved the callback to Butters at the urinal with his pants down since he seems like the weird little kid that would do that.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Le Petit Tourette was funny.

I liked the posters in the tourette room.
Especially the "Taking life one tick at a time"

Also loved the pedophiles coming in shooting themselves in the head.
Which is a call back to an actual To Catch a Predator episode, where a predator(Louis Conradt, Jr) shot himself in the head, when Chris caught on to him.

Also laughed at Cartman's Willy Wonka, Golden ticket song

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
The kids' responses at the tourettes support group were taken directly from a documentary about kids living with tourettes which aired on HBO earlier this year.

Funny episode.

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
I still can not stop laughing about that episode, especially Cartman's letter, where he actually wrote out "Donkey boner!" at the end of it.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Episodes with Cartman pretending to be something he's not to gain some kind of advantage are always gold.

I can't believe some of the language they got away with in this. I know the show always had bad language and they had the Shit episode where they say it like 200+ times. But the phraises they were using were really graphic. I was actually wondering if they were going to dare drop in an F bomb somewhere, but I guess you still can't go "that far" (even thought it really wouldn't be much worse than any of the other language.)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Is this still Season 11? If not, let's start a new thread.

Anywhoo.....

Has something recently happened at Comedy Central where
cursing is allowed in such multitude?

I noticed on the DVD of Robot Chicken Season 1 that
all curses were bleeped out. I am guessing this is the way that
Comedy Central aired it. But in Season 2 the curses
just fly! Same with Southpark. Cursing seems to suddenly be okay.

In any event, I thought it was a very funny episode!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Robot Chicken is on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. They are more likely to censor stuff. The second season dvd was put out "uncensored".

Southpark is still in season 11. We just started the second half of season 11.

Comedy Central seems to allow Southpark to say pretty much anything except the "f" word. They even had that episode in which they counted how many times they said the "sh" word.

This last episode of SP did push the limits. A lot. I bet it will be last time we see that episode until the Season 11 dvd set is out.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's still season 11. Since SP is aired at 10 p.m. or later, pretty much everything but the F-bomb is fair game on cable TV.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
The FCC has no oversight on content on cable networks, even basic cable like Comedy Central. Theoretically, anything can be said on the network at any time, but I'm sure potential outcry from the public and advertisers is still a real concern to them.

Incidentally, the F-bomb is even fair game on BROADCAST television after 10pm.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah but no one has the guts to do it because, beyond the likely backlash from the media, public and advertisers, they know that the FCC would find (read: invent) many offenses from the past that they could punish them for and it would cost them millions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks