What's new

South Park Season 11 (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
That was a pretty funny episode. They are doing some pretty cool animation lately. The lice stuff looked great.

Great reveal at the end too. :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the ending was great because they really had me fooled! LOL

Was the lice world referencing any movie? At first, on the zoom in, I thought it was going to be an "Arthut and the Invisibiles" reference, but I never saw the movie...

anyways, I loved the Lord of the Rings ending with the fly. :laugh:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Overall the episode was just OK -- it was clever, but I didn't laugh all that much. The whole Lice business was one of those "this reminds me of a bunch of different movies, but I can't quite put my finger on which one specifically" deals.

The ending, however, nearly choked me. I hate when I go into such hysterics over such a cheap gag. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Funny episode but not spectacular. I loved The Thing reference. Nearly half way through the run and they're doing a solid job so far.

And on a side note, TV shows very rarely use the name 'Travis' and when they finally do, it's for a name of a louse (I think that's the singular of lice). :)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
So my DVR cut off just as the camera was pulling away from the new lice home to reveal who it was. I didnt get to see the new home. Who was it?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Angelina Jolie :)

Yeah, my DVR always seemed to cut the last bit of South Park off. It did that for YEARS. Finally I set my recordings to record a few minutes after the 'supposed' end of the show.

paul_v

Second Unit
Man episode 4 was freakin' hilarious. Best one of the season IMO. Hillary's southern accent, Cartman's torture device, the snuke in Hillary's snit, everything was so funny.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
The "24" tie-in was great. And the fact that they could track all terrorist plots via web sites like MySpace, Friendster, J-date, match.com etc. added to the humor.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Since I don't watch 24 (and don't care to either), I had an indifferent view on this episode. While it was good, the fact that I don't like 24 made me not really care about this one. I like it better when I enjoy the references.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I thought the 24 parts were quite funny, the cross referencing, all the phones having the 24 ring.

BUT, the whole Clinton section not only didn't make sense, it just wasn't funny. It felt more like they were just trying to say "Hey, look how daring we are, saying this about Hillary Clinton. Aren't we edgy?" than it was funny.

The funny thing, this morning my morning radio guys were talking about the episode. They hadn't seen it, but the only part they had heard about was the final part, with the Queen. They thought THAT was shocking. I felt like calling them and telling them that that part was the least shocking part of the show.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I did like the dialog, it's clipped nature and hand-forcing attitude like "24" was so dead on with that show that I was rolling. "Get me the President!" "There's a Snuke up her Snizz!"

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As a huge 24 fan, I thought this episode was a very funny parody. Especially Cartman's loud whisper, the moving camera effect and the clock restarting to 12:00:00 after the power went out. Although, like Jon, I didn't really find the Hillary Clinton snuke stuff to be that good. I found Angelina Jolie's pube lice to be far more shocking.

"The following takes place between recess and geography class."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Really clever take on 24. I might not have appreciated
it as much if I wasn't a fan of the Keifer Sutherland show.

Funniest part for me was the split window of Cartman talking
to the Feds only to realize they were right next to each other.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Got a chance to watch it. Good parody of "24"

I wonder how intentional it was making the head of the FBI look pretty much exactly like Bill Buchanan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks