What's new

South Park Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I ran through all of those points in my head this morning, but couldn't decide between 'em and just declined to post about it. :)

I guess we'll just have to wait a few hours and find out!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
LOL, Loved this episode. Wasnt really about Family Guy at all. But it is good free advertisement. :)

I too wonder if comedy central will puss out.... This episode was inspired. I wonder if ther is really a second part?

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Well, I think this pretty well clarifies how Matt and Trey feel about FG. The parody depicted the show as one bad joke repeated ad naseum. We had Zawahiri(!) list a number of valid criticisms of the series. And then there's Cartman's big speech about why he hates Family Guy, which was so metatextual Kyle had to ask what the hell he was talking about.

And all that's just a subplot for the main story, which manages to simultaneously satirize what's been going on in Europe recently, and poke fun at the Trapped in the Closet brouhaha.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am a huge FG fan and didn't find this SP episode anti FG at all.

The funny thing is, all the "bad" stuff they said about FG is what I like about FG. I am in the age bracket that knows most of the FG references. So I guess I "get it".

But the advertisement was great for FG. So Thanks Matt and Tre for the thumbs up :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
That was great. I can laugh at Family Guy but never got the whole cult status of it. Episodes like this one is why I put Southpark on such a high pedestal. It's all in the layers of brilliant writing.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I was disappointed when the police cruiser flipped over but didn't explode. Then Kyle's big wheel went over that cliff and blew up and I thought "Oh yeah, much better."

I also liked Bush meeting the president of Fox. Representatives of the two great fear-mongering institutions, media and politics.

Rob

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I don't think there's going to be a part two. Cause, If they are secretly making fun of Comedy Central and the Trapped in the Closet episode, and Comdey Central wussing out, I think they will do something completely different and say Yep! Comedy Central wussed out.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I normally don't care for a lot of the computer effects they've been adding in lately (for example, when Ike and Kyle got nuked), but the Big Wheel chase was pretty cool.

Did anyone else, when you realized that it was going to be a two-parter, immediately think "oh great, now Bill gets to yammer about Family Guy in the South Park thread for another week?" :D

(Come on, Bill -- you know you love it!)

For what it's worth, I'm still not entirely sure what the South Park crew's true feelings are towards Family Guy. I was laughing at their spoof bits for the same reasons that I laugh at actual Family Guy jokes.

Hector.B

Stunt Coordinator
Off Topic: What was this past Sunday's, April 1st, Family Guy Episode about? I missed it but can't seem to find an episode recap anywhere!

Awesome South Park ep btw! I really hope part II of this Ep really happens!

WillG

Senior HTF Member

It was a repeat. The one where Lois discovers that she has a brother that has been in a mental instution. Also, Peter forms a fat man's club.

Beau

Supporting Actor
Me too! I agree with whoever said the speech Cartman gave about what he hates about Family Guy are the reasons I love it.

Love the Comedy Central pussing out bit. Can't wait till next week's ep.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks