What's new

South Park Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The hat was awesome. I thought this episode started off slowly, but got funnier as it went along.

"It's the only way we can handle our parents smelling their own farts all the time."

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
Good episode. Cartman going into the lions' den. George Clooney's acceptance speech. LOL! I was thinking the exact same thing when watching the Oscars.

I've wanted to get a hybrid car myself. Not to feel smug or because of the environment or whatever...but because gas is getting so friggin' expensive!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah, Ike in his little suit and hat was very funny. and then asking for acid was hilarious.

I thought for sure Ed Bagley Jr. would show up in this episode:)

So I guess Cartman needs Kyle after all!:)

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
My wife wants a hybrid car after watching that episode.

I don't get it, I must now gather all information about hybrids at the Denver Auto show this weekend.

Oh yea great episode.

Ike wanting 3 hits of acid nearly had me on the floor.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My understanding is that most (if not all) hybrids are not yet cost-effective, as the savings in gas and taxes doesn't quite offset the added purchase and maintenance costs. I could be wrong, though.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Hybrid cars are just a publicity stunt by the auto mfg to make it look like they care about the environment. The Hybrids today don't get all that much better gas miliage than one of those tiny "2 door speck" cars. They are made for the smug people who want to feel like they are helping.

This episode was spot on :)

I cant stand the "holier than tho" attitude of most of the people who live in frisco.

If the auto mfg wanted to really help, they would use the carburator that gets 100 mpg. But that would cause a problem with their agreement with the oil industry.

(note: if I stop posting in a few days, they got to me.)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
That's probably the main reason behind the cars 'efficiency' - Any tiny car is going to be more environmentally friendly (hybrid or not) as opposed to a giant SUV/Hummer.

So in that respect, the car is :emoji_thumbsup: but not to the "Saving the Planet" extent that a lot of people believe in.

If you REALLY want to save the planet, ride a freakin bicycle. ;)

p.s. Matt and Trey are f'in GENIUSES!

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Tin foil hat a little tight? :D

It's also kept anyone (like the Japanese) who makes cars ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD from inventing a more efficient vehicle?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
If one of the major auto companies managed to produce a reasonable vehicle that got 100 mpg, you can be sure they'd sell enough to compensate for any trouble they'd get from the oil companies!

When considering conspiracy theories, always remember to FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard about the new episode? It's called "Cartoon Wars". Here's the synopsis from the official website:

I've gotta say, this "Family Guy" hater is very excited to see fellow haters Trey & Matt bash on "Family Guy" Wednesday night.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I'm not sure why Trey and Matt would hate family guy. It is at times, better than Southpark and the two of them are the best animated series on TV.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

It seems like everybody that works in professional animation hates "Family Guy". Pretty much everyone involved with "The Simpsons" hates it, John K hates it, Kevin Smith hates it and Trey & Matt hate it, and I can see why.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Uhm, if you can see why, that makes one. I can't see why. All you've said so far is that someone compared SP to FG once and Matt and Trey "acted" hurt. I'm not even convinced that response wasn't a joke. SP and FG are two of the funniest shows on TV right now, animation completely aside. Simpsons is and has been lame as shit for a long time. Its not even remotely funny any more and I find it painful to watch.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Charles, please ignore Mr. Grandpre's views on Family Guy. He has been on an anti-Family Guy rampage for as long as I can remember.

As far as the Simpsons and Family Guy goes, they do not hate each other. In fact Family Guys and Simpsons have had scenes involving the others show periodicaly.

I would also bet that Matt and Tre do not hate the Family Guy. They were just joking.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
I don't see it either, Charles, but don't bait Bill, lest this thread turn into a FG trash-fest.

I enjoy both of these shows immensely. Two different approaches at comedy, and they both hit me. Just my opinion. YMMV.

*Edit: Scott beat me to it...

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Sorry guys, I didn't realize there was a history there. FG and SP both rock. They are a breath of fresh air for people that enjoy smart, timely, sometimes political, relevant humor.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Well, if SP is talking about FG this week, then I think we'll have a pretty good idea of Matt and Trey's opinions of FG by 10:30 Wednesday night!

Personally, I love 'em both, but I can see how someone could like one but not the other -- they're very different.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks