What's new

SOUTH PARK Season 1 for $9.99!!! (1 Viewer)

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Here's a tip guys (someone at DVDtalk posted it) - it seems to go through first time with AMEX, all other cards hit the same snag of not going past the last step. Something to keep in mind. After changing the card to AMEX it went through straight away and I got a confirmation.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, for the record I used Master Card.
I was just printing the coupon for the commentary CDs (thanks for the fast link, Phil!). As I was, I mentioned to the missus that "if I was a store manager who was selling these SP box sets, I'd run of a copy of this coupon for each copy in inventory, and tape 'em to the box!".
It's be good customer service, and a great gimmick to boot. Maybe boost sales.
Now my question for you all is this: did you notice if any store was this thoughtful? :D

Rodon

Second Unit
Comedy Central had a commercial - it mentioned the coupon on their site.

Retailers know that most South Park fans will fall into these categories:
A: Buy the set expecting the commentary to already be there on the DVD.
B: Will buy it regardless of what comes in it.
C: Get it as a Christmas Gift

All three do not require the risk of making unaware potential buyers know that their discs are lacking teh commentary.

I just fell into the 2nd option myself and at $10 for 3 discs you cannot beat that. It is worth that to have them all in a nice case for me. I just was lucky (?) to not have bought the other discs besides the SP movie and the Christmas Mr hankey disc.

I am wondering how the commentary will be on CD "Get a Cd player, hit play, and then watch the episodes at the same time? Will it be on CD set for each season I wonder?

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
gee... if you use your dvd player for music also, how can you watch the dvd and listen to the cd at the same time?

From the South Park store:

"And, as an added bonus with the 5-piece commentary set are rarely-heard South Park songs. Just hit play on your CD player when the opening theme song ends."

Luke_Khuc

Stunt Coordinator
To those who have placed your order: did it say backorder? Mine did so I wonder when I will get mine.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Luke

When I placed my order earlier this afternoon - I believe that mine said "3-5 days" or "4-6 days" once I finally got my order to go.

Good luck!

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I was finally able to place an order successfully. It said it was backordered, so we'll see when it ships. I'm not in a big hurry for it, just couldn't pass it up at that price. During this whole fiasco, it seems that I've got two seperate orders in (I must've gone through the order process a dozen times), which is no big deal. I'm sure I can give one for Christmas, or sell it on ebay at worst.

Luke_Khuc

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Michael & Don. I'm not in a hurry myself but I placed a special order at the b&m store ($9.99 each + tax x 3 copies). If the internet order won't take long, I will cancel the special order from the store.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I placed my order last night. It said "4-6 Days" or sumthing like that, now i chekck the status and it says its backordered. I wonder whats going on with them. Hope i get it this week..

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Pete O

Auditioning
Not only SP for 9.99 but Malcolm In The Middle Season 1 & Mash Season 2 for 19.99 each. All 3 for 49.99 shipped? Now that's a deal.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
Just for the record, I just ordered at 10:30am Sunday, 11/17 and it was still available as a backorder. For that price, I can't NOT try.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Price is now changed. Sorry to all of you who didnt get in this deal...

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Hmmm -- Mediaplay charged my card 9.99 yesterday. I guess I might have to add South Park back to my "On Order" list. Interesting.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
On the other hand, I just checked the status of my order at the site...and it still says "backorder". So don't take that as a true statement; if you card was charged, look for it soon would be my guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks