What's new

SOUTH PARK Season 1 for $9.99!!! (1 Viewer)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Media Play is running a special this week with $10 off some dvd box sets. One of them is the new SOUTH PARK set. Regular sale price, $19.99. With the $10.00 off, that's $9.99!
Media Play Ad
The fine print says, "Sale prices shown are before $10 deduction."
I'm hosting the images on a free site, so don't expect them to be up for long. Also, I have a high-res copy that I obtained from another website, so email me if you want that sent. It's about 2mb.
I can't take credit for finding this. It was posted on another board, but I didn't see anything about it here.
Enjoy!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, most of the time, I'd say you're not missing much. They tend to be overpriced on most things. This time, they came through! That is, if they stick to their ad.

Gregory E

Second Unit
Brian, are you going out to the Florence Media Play? That's where I was heading. My plan was to get to Toys R Us when they open for AOTC. Then, head to Media Play for South Park. After that, hop over to Best Buy for Rings. That's a lot of running around, but at least the stores are fairly close. Especially Best Buy and Media Play. You could attempt to price match all of them at one store, but I don't have the ads or a printer so I'll just drive to each store I guess. I'm just hoping I can get a copy of South Park for $9.99. :emoji_thumbsup:
Good luck!

Luke_Khuc

Stunt Coordinator
Ashley,
I will visit my parents this Thursday night. I will pick up my copy. If you'd like I can get one for you. Don't know how much it will cost to ship to Canada though.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Gregory,

I'm doing the tour of stores as well. I already have LOTR (it's spectacular, btw) so I'm only hitting TRU and Media Play. I work at Xavier, so there's a MP just down the road from me. I can't decide whether to drive to Florence or out to Eastgate. Florence is a little closer, but it's always so crowded! I thought maybe I'd have a better chance of finding SW at the store out in Eastgate. Let me know how you make out!

StuartK

Grip
The closest Media Play is almost 2 hrs away!! Uggghhhh!!!
Is there anyway I could convince someone here to pick me up a copy? I'll PayPal the funds for the disc.
Please email me at [email protected] if possible.
Thanks,
Stuart

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I am only going to confirm that it's true, Media Play is selling the Season 1 boxset for South Park for the low low price of $9.99. The clerk couldn't believe it with it rang up for that price when I brought it to the register for check out.

Gregory E

Second Unit
Yes! I just returned from my shopping trip. Here's what I got:

Attack of the Clones - $9.99 @ Toys R Us
Fellowship of the Ring (4 disc) - $24.99 @ Best Buy
South Park Season 1 - $9.99 @ Media Play

Wow! What a day! I spent a lot less money than I thought I would. The price of the
South Park set made my day. And yes, it rang up $9.99 at the register.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'm right there with you Gregory. Worth the legwork! The folks at MP seemed shocked and had to check and double-check the flyer, but it rang up just fine. Truly a great day in DVD!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy (Eastgate location) happily matched the $9.99 South Park, I even bought 2 copies.

They refused the $9.99 AotC, as TRU had just run out.

Rodon

Second Unit
Any chance someone with a media play close by could help me get one of these SouthPark Season 1 sets cheap? Please? I could return the favor with a $9.99 ATOC cd.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
Well, would anyone out there be willing to help me out? This is $30 on their website, and the closest store is 3 hours away for me. If anyone is interested please drop me an email or reply here.

Thanks,
Drew

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
I went to my local MediaPlay to find out they only got a few copies in yesterday and all of them were spoken for by pre-orders. I then put my name in for a raincheck which secured the price at $9.99 but the clerk indicated I probably wouldn't see it until after Christmas. Then I went to Best Buy to get my copy of LOTR(4disc) and brought the MediaPlay circular with me from the store. They had no problem price matching the $9.99 price and didn't even call. They told me they've gotten a lot of these price matches today.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
My local BB would only go for 19.99 since the ad phrased it as a $10 instant rebate. The clerk said she couldn't honor instant rebate matches. *sniff*

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks