What's new

South Park Question (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering if anyone else knew the episode of SOUTH PARK with "Jesus & Pals" where they were pressuring Jesus to go like "Jerry Springer."

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think it's the one that was just on, "The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka."

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it was. Jimbo and Ned's Huntin' and Killin' show was getting better ratings than Jesus and Pals, so that producer chick wanted Jesus to make the show more racy and mainstream. Funny episode (just like a lot of them).

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Wayne, currently they're rerunning the most recent episodes, as well as showing an older episode each week. Sadly, I think they've run through their latest batch and it will be a while before we see some new ones, as is typical with South Park.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Last time I checked, new episodes of South Park might not be shown again till the fall. :frowning: Hopefully that's not the case.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
If this year's schedule is like the past few years, we should get 6 new episodes in June. Big if though.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the help. I've really enjoyed the show since it started, and it seems to get better and better each week. It just makes me crave for season boxsets now. I think that I'm going to plunk down for a region free DVD player in a few years and pick these up if the US releases are still in "Best Of" formats. :frowning:

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Last year they picked up season 5 in november so they might do the same thing. I hope not though I was loving season 6 so far.

"This isn't funny man I need my fix"

Anthony R

Stunt Coordinator
The second of half of Season 6 episodes will air starting in July. I agree the latest episodes have improved. South Park episodes have always been, for me, hit or miss. Some I find hilarious, others boring.

I was initially disappointed when they killed off Kenny for good, but quickly changed my mind after viewing the episodes featuring Butters. He is a hilarious counterpart to the threesome because he is so well-behaved, goody-goody, and worriesome. Kenny, I now realize, was basically a tiresome one-joke pseudo-character. However, it seems Butters has now been replaced by Tweak, which I find very disappointing. I don't find Tweak funny at all, and I hope Butters regains his position.

I also found it irritating the way the threesome held that contest to pick their fourth friend. The reality show spoof was a funny element, but I felt the whole thing painted the boys in a bad light. I think the show is popular because to a certain extent Kyle, Stan, and even Cartman are appealing as characters. At the very least, we often identify with them as they are forced to contend with the idiotic behavior of the adults. So their presumptuous, favoritist, and snobbish behavior in the latest episode, where they ejected Butters from the group and held a contest to replace him, seemed cruel and uncharacteristic to me.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Damn, now I need a new halloween costume, Me and my wife went as Kenny's parents a couple years ago....thought the 'Scotch' hat was a give-away but few people got it

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
My friend and I are going as Jay and Silent Bob this Halloween, but that's besides the point...

South Park has been getting better. I don't like the large amount of changes (4th grade, Kenny's dead, and now a NEW best friend, well not new just a replacement) but the show can still be funny when it wants to be.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, what redeeming qualities do any of the boys have? I always thought one of the great things about the show is how ruthless they can be. What about the time they staged a fight between Tweak and Craig just for fun? What about the numerous times Kenny died and no one cared? How about when Stan and Kyle crucified Cartman? What about Cartman making another kid eat his own parents? I would have to say firing Butters and choosing a new friend fits right in line with their characters.

I think the recent changes have been pretty good. I hope Butters is taken back as their friend. Perhaps they'll like his attempts to destroy the world. Also, now that Ms. Chokesondick is dead, perhaps Mr. Garrison will become their teacher again.

For me, very few of the shows are duds. There's been one or two, but what shocks me is how they keep going farther and farther over the top. That Afghanistan episode a while back was one of the funniest things I've seen. I really didn't think they could top the last several episodes of season 5, but 6 has been a big, big surprise. Some of these episodes have been the stupidest-funniest episodes.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What?? Ms. Choksondik is dead? Guess I missed something somewhere.
Now what will the kittens do for entertainment? :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I loved the Afghanistan episode.

One of the funniest scenes was the cripple fight. It was so wrong and so funny at the same time.

And the time where Cartman cloned the pizza place with aborted fetus'.....

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R, it was covered very quickly at the end of the episode when they chose their new friend. They started off as if it was a cliff hanger, the announcer asking who the new friend would be and who would die, then bam, they announced it. Kind of a play on making people wait months to find out who Cartman's father is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks