1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

South Park does HT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Man, I'm surprised nobody posted anything on this before. Did y'all catch South Park last night? Lots of humor about televisions and HT stuff.
    The boys are eager to catch the trailor for the new Terrence and Philip movie. They have to sit through the Russel Crowe show (Fightin' 'Round the World). Cartman decided to fiddle with the cable wire, blowing up the TV in the process. The rest of the episode has them running around trying to find a place to watch it, including a visit to Chef and his new plasma TV. While trying to show off its many features, he accidentally triggers a function on the TV that makes it turn into a walking robot that shoots lasers at everything.
    The funniest part was Chef on the phone with customer service. "So, I have to press menu, then function? It's not working!"
    Ah, can we all not relate? (except for the killer robot part).
    Other good cracks was how they absolutely had to watch the trailer so they can discuss it in detail with others. Hmm, sounds familiar. [​IMG]

2. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

The best thing was that it was the robot from Robocop. I seem to recall an episode where Kenny dressed up like that thing for Halloween and everyone pooh-poohed his elaborate costume.

Great episode, way funnier than last week's veal episode.

3. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    It's funny, this was the first episode i've seen in a loooong time, since about season 1 actually! What happened to Kenny? I guess someone finally killed him for good huh, those bastards!
    Yes, that plasma tv had me rolling, especially when all these elaborate menus kept popping up all over the screen, superimposing one over another, and another... [​IMG]!!

4. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

Ah, what I wouldn't give for a plasma screen TV with Human Eradication Mode. It would only be triggered if someone tried to watch a pan-and-scan DVD.

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Kenny died last season. He had cancer or something, and Cartman had acquired a bunch of fetus' that the kids tried to let him use the stem cells of to get Kenny better. Instead, Cartman made the stem cells into a carbon copy of a pizza place. Funny episode.

I love how Russell Crowe was a combination of the Crocodile Hunter and Popeye. How can you not laugh at Tugger blowing his brains out? LOL!!!

Hope we get to see another T&P movie, like "Not Without My Anus" a few years ago.

6. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

a touch of steamboat willie too

7. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Call me crazy, but I don't think Russell Crowe appreciated this episode too much! [​IMG]
    Maybe we're looking at the next big 'reality' show for the FOX network! Hey, after 'celebrity boxing', I wouldn't put ANYTHING past those people! [​IMG]
    So Kenny died of cancer huh. Why was that fatal to him and not the multiple stabbings, shootings, impalings etc...? I know, it's just a cartoon. [​IMG]

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The cancer thing ran throughout the entire episode, instead of some sudden death at the very end. He was in the hospital and everything.

Also, the Butters character got his own episode last season (funny episode, too) so they probably wanted to bring him in as a main character, so killing Kenny allowed them to do that. Kenny'll return eventually, I hope.

9. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

Yeah, that Butter episode was just SICK SICK SICK but funny funNY FUNNY! I just saw the most recent episode of SP last nite and laughed my ass off.

Don't forget to bring a towel!