South Park B.L.U. SE - Any Word?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by WillG, Jul 25, 2004.

1. WillG

WillG Producer

I remember seeing that "South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut" was on the slate to be re-released as a special edition. Does anyone know of any new info on this? Just got curious after watching many S4 episodes today.

2. John Sparks

John Sparks Screenwriter

John Sparks
    Last week Comedy Central played the top 25 most outrageous episodes...awesome! I wish they would release those on a DVD.

Now, what they should do with "SPBLU" is to rerelease it in "ANAMORPHIC"...period!!! That's all that matters! [​IMG]

3. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut IS in anamorphic widescreen. It's merely missing any extra features other than the 3 trailers.

4. Bradley-E

Bradley-E Screenwriter

Perhaps when Paramount releases TEAM AMERICA:WORLD POLICE on DVD next year the SE of SOUTH PARK, BIGGER, BETTER & UC will be released.

5. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

At the beginning of the year, the Bits said in the rumor mill that Paramount had comfirmed SEs for Top Gun, The Untouchables, South Park: BLU (and a few others I think) so I was suprised when the other two were given release dates but not SP. I think Bradley may be right and they decided to wait for Team America.[​IMG] Too bad I was looking forward to it this year.

6. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Weren't they suppose to release a SE with Matt & Trey comm and the ORIGINAL CUT, the one they first presented to MPAA

7. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

You mean the cut that was REJECTED by the MPAA? Sorry folks, Paramount doesn't do Unrated material...[​IMG]

8. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I'm still holding out, although, with the recent price drops, it getting pretty tempting.

9. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Producer

Actually, I don't know if you'd want the original cut. The legend is that the MPAA rejected the first cut, Parker and Stone actually left everything as is, and put in even MORE screwed up shit, and MPAA passed it.

I might have got that a little wrong, but I know the gist of it was they laughed their balls off because what they submitted was, they felt, even WORSE the 2nd time.

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Yeah, I read that too. Instead of just cutting stuff out, they would change things around, add some things and cut others, and they felt that the version that was finally approved was more offensive than the prints that were rejected. [​IMG]

As I recall, Jack Valenti was pretty steamed about their comments too.

11. Craig_Ehr

Craig_Ehr Second Unit

I believe the MPAA had a problem with the original title of the film as well, which had some reference to Hell or something. So they resubmitted the film with the title "South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut" which apparently the MPAA accepted as meaning 'Director's Cut' or whatever....but we all know better! [​IMG]

12. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

South Park: All Hell Breaks Loose

[​IMG]

13. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I never got that, as the MPAA has passed lots of movies with hell in the title.

14. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

I thought the part they cut out was a spoof on the infamous 'horsegag' clip that made the internet circuits around the time of the film. This was what the boys found Cartman's mom doing on the internet instead of the German film which is just as bad.

15. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Matt and Trey have gone on record as saying that this is the cut they want. This is the director's cut that was released on DVD and seen in theatres. They kept getting notes from the MPAA (boo) and just made it worse.

Ryan

16. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    "Subversive," I think, was the word I remember Parker and Stone using. They said the changes actually made the film more subversive than it was before.

At any rate, at less than $10, this is tempting to get, but I would like an SE with more extras. A Parker & Stone commentary would be cool, or maybe an isolated music track, since none of Shaiman's score made it onto the soundtrack CD.

17. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

I *love* this movie.

Weeeeeeeeeeeellll,

Kyle's mom's a bitch she's the meanest bitch...

18. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Like I said before, this is the cut that the filmmakers wanted. There are not deleted scenes. If anything, a SE, which they have said would not be made, would only contain a production short. The creators hate doing commentary.

Ryan

19. Dax P

Dax P Stunt Coordinator

An extra I wouldn't mind seeing on a SE (which isn't REALLY necessary- but if they made one, I'd almost assuredly upgrade) is Robin Williams' performance of 'Blame Canada' at the Oscars. And Matt and Trey's red carpet 'performance art' would be nice, too.

Love that they were nominated for an Oscar.

The Team America footage shown the other day at the Comic-Con... SO funny. Can't wait. Amazing that after hearing them bitch so much about the construction-paper-pilot of South Park, they'd go and do a marionette movie that looks infinitely MORE difficult and time-consuming...

20. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    The MPAA also had a problem with Bill & Ted's Excellent adventure sequel title, "Bill & Ted go to Hell"

if they wanted that title, they could ONLY advertise after 9pm. probally the same case for South Park original title