What's new

South Park 4/7/04 (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
"You Got F'd In The A"

Suprised there wasn't a thread started yet. More genius from Trey and Matt. Butters' tragedy made me go hoarse from laughing. Liked the return of the Raisins girls and the goth kids.

Sorry I screwed up the thread title, :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I thought it was hilarious. Much better than the Passion episode, IMO. The Goth kids were hilarious, as was the dancing duck :)

You got SERVED!

MattGentry

Second Unit
Last night's episode more than made up for the mediocreness of last week. Everything was hilarious.

Favorite line has to be: "You just got F'd in the A."

Classic...

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I love how the whole town was obeying the rules of street dancing.

Stan danced back, and the other kids got served, so that means it's on!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Oh, you do a line and I'll do a line, honey

That episode was hilarious! :laugh:

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Great episode!

My favorite line was from the song that Butters was dancing too:

I got something in my front pocket just for you...

Damn that was a funny song

Paul

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Very clever and really funny. I liked the references to dancing after that piece-of-crap "You Got Served" movie came out a few months ago.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Eh. It was okay, but it wasn't as good as the Passion epiosde. No laugh out loud moments for me and the ending was kinda underwheming. I liked that old time song Butters tap dances to ("I've got something in my pants to show you")

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
No where near as brilliant as The Passion Episode but the hightlights were both scenes where the lights fell on people. Hillarious.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I kinda liked the idea of everyone in South Park acting like "Getting Served" is an everyday way of life

"Oh, GREAT advice, Randy."
"What?"
"Well, Stan saw those boys again, and he danced back at them this time, that's all!"
"Well, what happened?"
"Oh, It's on."

And hearing Jimbo say "Damn, Randy got served up something fierce" was probably worth the episode all on it's own.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I love these stupid, pointless episodes. It reminded me of Aspen, maybe a little too much, but it was still damn funny.

At least we now have some more background on Butters and why he's so twitchy. A fourth grader who'd been through that kind of sheer hell would have issues. And tap-dancing tragedies are hard to get over. It makes you wonder how many innocent lives are lost to tap-dancing every year.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I loved the Dance Dance Revolution kid too.

"How can I dance without a machine telling me what to do?"

Great stuff!!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Spectacular episode. The duck stepping to the hip-hop made my night.

Also loved how the challengers were from "The O.C."; added considerably to the cliques on the night.

And Stan dancing to "Achy Breaky Heart" and the O.C. group (and the primarily black audience suddenly appearing in the white-bred town) being wowed and flummoxed was just perfect.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I'm surprised at all the love for the episode. I clearly expected the opposite. No offense guys, but I didn't find it really that funny.

As Keith pointed out, I too like the pointless episodes like the Aspen one, but making fun of "You Got Served" was an odd choice.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it was just about the movie, but the phrase in general. I hear it all the time, mostly on internet messageboards, but that counts right? :D

And the people that tend to use it do take it so seriously. In that aspect I think this episode was spot on.

MattGentry

Second Unit
Loved this episode. After the near trainwreck that was the "Passion" episode, I needed this.

Good stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks