What's new

South Park 4/14 - Poor Butters (1 Viewer)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I'm beginning to wonder if Butters is one of TV's most tragic characters. Let's look at what we know of him:
1. His mother attempted to kill him when she found out his father is gay.
2. He's been continually rejected by society which has forced him into a life of evil.
3. He almost lost an eye in a horrifying Chinese throwing star incident.
4. Last week we learned of his tragic tap dancing history.
5. And now we learn of his unfortunate bowel problems which could lead him to much ridicule at South Park Elementary.

At least he got the last laugh in this episode. Still one has to admire Cartman's tenacity. He stuck with his robot disguise far longer than most would in order to obtain that video.

Gil Clark

Grip

Hmm, let's see.

1. Kenny died.
2. Kenny died.
3. Kenny died.
4. Kenny died.
5. Kenny died.
6. Kenny died.
7. Kenny died.
8. Kenny died.
9. Kenny died.
X. Kenny died for a very long time.
X+1. Kenny got trapped in Cartman's body.

:D

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
True, but Kenny usually died quickly and painlessly, and his deaths left no emotional scars. In fact everytime he did die, except for that last time, he bounced back in a week no worse for the wear. He's quite resilient that way. Also, he's poor. So we should be oblivious to his pain. :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
What was the deal with:

"Due to this week's tragic events in Hawaii, the "Lemmiwinks" episode of South Patrk will not be shown tonight"

:confused:His birthday is 9/11.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I was chuckling for a long time after Awesom-O ran from the executive's office yelling 'WEAK!!' and the exec came to the door with his pants down.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
This episode was hilarious.

The anal placement was just so freaking crazy! HA!

Poor Butters!

Cartman is one evil, hilarious bastard. I love him!

South Park at it's finest.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I liked how Mrs. Cartman just offhandedly mentioned that Eric was still grounded for trying to eradicate the Jews and Butters' mom didn't seem to know anything about it. That was classic.

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
John_Lee wrote:

Actually, what Awesom-O said was:

"Lame!"

"Not cool!"

"Totally lame!"

(I've watched that hilarious section more than a couple of times)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Definately a funny episode. Non topical and a return to the childish evil that Cartman exudes, instead of trying to eradicate Jews. I liked how he just could not get out of the ruse he had going. As soon as Butters said "My Birthday isn't until Sept 11th" I had think, Is this the the most cursed kid in the world? The only thing it that I think Matt and Trey have been a bit on a Butters high lately. He's been a big focal point of a lot of episodes lately. Kind of like the time Matt and Trey got Timmy fever and he was a big part of like 6 episodes in a row. They should probably give Butters a rest for a little while.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
No way, Butters is awesome!

Funny, though, that Stan, Kyle and Kenny were barely in it.

"Um, Adam Sandler is, like, on an island, and he falls in love with a coconut... or something."

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
They gotta pick on someone now that they don't kill Kenny off anymore.

I'm also wondering if there was any connection to the government wanting to use the robot as a weapon to a news event? The only thing I could think of was the Furby myth where a guy gave one to his bosses daugther (as a present) and used it as a way to gain intelligence and "insider secrets" by having the toy "learn" what the boss was doing.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator

This week's episode was actually supposed to be the second of the season but for some reason, it wasn't finished until maybe monday. On Sunday, the south park website announced that an episode featuring lemminwinks was going to air but since this episode was finsihed, they changed their minds. My guess is that the lemmiwinks episode will air next week. So to end all the speculation, it was just an inside joke for those who go to the website. I don't know why they chose Hawaii. It probably was just random.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I knew that there was more to it than just a non-sensical joke because my ReplayTV didn't assign the recording a title: It just said something like "The adventures of 4 kids in South Park Colorado".

Does anyone know if they do any of the production in Hawaii? Maybe something happened?

EDIT: According to http://southparkstudios.com::D

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

Whenever there's a new episode mine usually says that until after the first airing. Only recently have I noticed it picking up a title before the Wednesday night show.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

According to the promos, Michael Jackson will be on next weeks episode. Could it be, Michael Jackson, and Lemmiwinks. This could get brutal!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks