South Park - 3 More Years

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Scott-S, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I just saw this posted on the SouthPark website and was surprised I didn't see anyone comment on it here.

This is great news for all of us SP fans [​IMG]

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Great to hear, Sp has stayed pretty fresh over the years.

I'll be watching.

Brent

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I think it's great that they're doing more episodes but I was kinda surprised by it. I thought that after eight or so years maybe Matt and Trey were getting ready to wind it down and end the series. And even if they signed on again, they would only do another year. Fortunately, I was wrong.

The only problem with South Park is that in the future when you watch certain episodes that, at the time, were topical and very funny, they will be painfully dated. That being said, I guess it's a small price to pay for laughing my ass off at them goofing on some of the silliness of today. [​IMG]

4. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

After the first few episodes, I knew it was funny and everyone I knew loved it ... but I was sure it wasn't going to last. How often do things on TV that are worthwhile actually stay on, and how often are they replaced with vapid lowest-common-demonpossed material? Here we are, I forget how many years later but about a decade, and it's still going strong.

Matt and Trey rock!

5. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Very soon, the next animated series is going to have an episode about how South Park already did it. "South Park Did It! South Park Did It!" [​IMG]

6. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

"Family Guy" has already ripped off far too many "South Park" ideas to mention.

7. Mark Schmitt

Mark Schmitt Stunt Coordinator

Gotta agree with you there Bill. Although I still like the show, sorry, I know.

South Park rules all though. 3 more years. My God. How the hell they gonna do it? I hope they don't ever run out of ideas. Of course with all that's going on in the world, you'd think they never will.

Cheers, Matt and Trey! Best show on TV! And one month until new shows! Any bets on if the first is a Katrina episode?

8. JamesED

JamesED Second Unit

It's not even a Family Guy thread, but Bill GrandPre manages to still crap all over it.

9. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    LOL.....

He must do a search for Family Guy every day to find any mention [​IMG]

I think that there are plenty of current events for South Park to keep fresh. As long as they don't start to get "preachy".

It seems a lot of good shows get too big for their own good when they have been on for a while. Doubt it would happen to these guys, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

10. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Actually, South Park's only been around for about 8 years now.

[​IMG]

Despite the fact that it's currently in season 9 the actual start of the series was August of 1997. So officially the 10th anniversary of the show will probably be when it's in the 11th season... [​IMG]

12. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

Well, it's just like anything, really. A kid turning 10 years old is entering his 11th year. Similarly, a show entering it's second year has only been on for one year.

13. Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs Screenwriter

Yeah, but shows always start celebrating at the beginning of the anniversary season (not that south park will make a big deal out of it). SNL for instance always Premiers the season with an anniversary special (on appropriate years, not every year) and then celebrate it for the whole season, only at the end of the season has it really been that long