What's new

Sources for DVD player specs? (1 Viewer)

RobertD

Auditioning
Is there a place to search and find available DVD player models by feature? I'm not having a lot of luck finding what I'm looking for using google, and surfing manufacturer websites individually is less than appealing (since many require you to click on the model to learn anything about the specs).

Specifically, I'm looking for a progressive DVD changer with DVD-audio, MP3, VCD, CDR and CD-RW capability but that does not include internal DD and DTS decoding, since I'm happy with the decoder in my receiver. I know there are units out there that do this, but trying to figure out which is turning out to be a real PITA. Any suggestions, either for resources or specific models?

Thanks!

-Robert

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
www.stereo411.com besides manuf. links. allows a search by equip. by price range by category (e.g. DVD/CD players). I am not sure how up-to-date it is but it may help narrow the search.

RobertD

Auditioning
Thanks for pointing me to that site! It looks like there's a lot of interesting stuff there. However, it doesn't quite answer my original question- I only saw equipment categorized by manufacturer and price. I'm hoping for something more specific...

-Robert

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
You really want a comparo chart but I'm unaware of any out there. The best thing might be to go to www.crutchfield.com and at least you'd be able to get detailed info, detailed pics, etc. You could simply select them out by price range.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Try VCD Help.com . And go to thier DVD players section(it is under "Others" in the left hand column). Just check off the features and they will return the results which meet your needs.
Glad to help

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks