Sources for DVD player specs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobertD, Jul 7, 2002.

1. RobertD

RobertD Auditioning

Is there a place to search and find available DVD player models by feature? I'm not having a lot of luck finding what I'm looking for using google, and surfing manufacturer websites individually is less than appealing (since many require you to click on the model to learn anything about the specs).

Specifically, I'm looking for a progressive DVD changer with DVD-audio, MP3, VCD, CDR and CD-RW capability but that does not include internal DD and DTS decoding, since I'm happy with the decoder in my receiver. I know there are units out there that do this, but trying to figure out which is turning out to be a real PITA. Any suggestions, either for resources or specific models?

Thanks!

-Robert

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    www.stereo411.com besides manuf. links. allows a search by equip. by price range by category (e.g. DVD/CD players). I am not sure how up-to-date it is but it may help narrow the search.

3. RobertD

RobertD Auditioning

Thanks for pointing me to that site! It looks like there's a lot of interesting stuff there. However, it doesn't quite answer my original question- I only saw equipment categorized by manufacturer and price. I'm hoping for something more specific...

-Robert

4. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

You really want a comparo chart but I'm unaware of any out there. The best thing might be to go to www.crutchfield.com and at least you'd be able to get detailed info, detailed pics, etc. You could simply select them out by price range.

5. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

Try VCD Help.com . And go to thier DVD players section(it is under "Others" in the left hand column). Just check off the features and they will return the results which meet your needs.
    Glad to help