Sources for 8 disc DVD cases in Canada

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chris Bardon, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I just found Ric's incredible cover art for the Star Trek TV series, and was thinking about printing off a set for myself until I discovered how much the cases would run me. Genesys DTP has the 8 disc cases for something like $11 per box of 10 (which is fine), but then the shipping would end up costing me more than the cases (not to mention the inevitable customs brokerage fees etc). Has anyone managed to find these cases in B&Ms, especially in the Toronto area? I'd like to pick some up, but that's way too expensive to ship.

2. Alex-A

Alex-A Stunt Coordinator

Hey, I see under your name you live in Waterloo? I have the perfect solution for you. Blankmedia

They sell in canadian dollars, and, here's the good part, they're based right here in our very city. You can order anything you want, and choose to pick up your order, and pay no shipping at all. I've done it many times. They're actually run out of their home, which is right by the corner of Fischer-Hallman & Ottawa.

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Nice-sounds like that might be the way to go! I'm actually based out of Mississauga right now, but I'm still up in Waterloo occasionally, so I might have to set something up.

Only issue I can see is that these are the 36mm spine cases, and Ric's art is for the 51mm spines, so I might have to reformat them to fit. Otherwise that's the cheapest I've seen those cases yet!