What's new

Source for Region 0 disks? (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I used to have a website bookmarked that sold a lot of region 0 titles. They're a very well know site. I'm 99.9% sure that their stuff was legal, if not please forgive this posting.

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...any DVD e-tailer - in Hong Kong (think HIVIZONE) or in the USA - offering (perfectly legitimate!) made-in-Hong Kong DVDs would do for you...
...incidentally, not all "Region 0" DVDs come from Hong Kong (most made-in-USA Criterion DVDs are "Region 0" - so are most if not all Music DVDs and all 'adult' titles)...
...nor are all DVDs made in Hong Kong "Region 0" - some, notably a few Japanese movies (e.g. Gohatto and Audition that I ordered from HVZ) are coded Region 3 (which is Hong Kong's 'official' Region)...
. . .
redface.gif
. . .

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...not really, e.g. the made-in-Region1/USA CC discs of Cocteau's Orphic Trilogy and Bergman's Autumn Sonata are not region-coded... nor are the following made-in-Region1/USA DVDs: Ken Burns' ten-disc Jazz released by PBS, lots of DVDs on the made-in-R1/USA image label (e.g. the four-disc set Treasures from American Film Archives ), the Roan Group's releases (e.g. The Inspector General starring Danny Kaye, and Svengali starring John Barrymore), all made-in-R1/USA DVD 'Magazines' in my 'collection (Short Volumes 1 through(9)... and Circuit Volumes 1 through (4)... both released on the WB label), the Hallmark production of Gulliver's Travels starring Ted Danson and released by Artisan...
My point is, simply, that there is no "Region 0" as such - any country can (and does!) put out DVDs that are not region-encoded... in that sense, there is no such thing as a (specific) 'source' for Region 0 DVDs...
. . .
redface.gif
. . .
[Edited last by Hendrik on October 31, 2001 at 02:35 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks