What's new

Source for "Good" DVDs (DTS) (1 Viewer)

JeffPh

Agent
I'm new to all of this, so please bare with me.

I recently purchased a HT and a few DVDs. In the process of setting up, I found this Excellent! forum to help with some questions I had.

Now I have more questions though. It seems that one of the DVDs I bought will be released in a different format later this year (Blackhawk Down). Apparently, this is common for DVDs, but other than LOTR extended edition, I've never seen multiple choices of the same movie. Of course, I didn't know to look for them either.

So my question is...Where do I go to find these DTS and SE DVDs? I didn't see them at Best Buy (I don't think). Are they clearly marked as DTS? Or is it something more subtle?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Of course, I didn't know to look for them either.
Now that you're aware, you'll probably see them everywhere.

Separate DTS releases are not that common anymore, and those that are available are usually clearly marked with the DTS logo in a banner across the top of the front cover. Universal and Dreamworks seemed to be the only studios that did this for a while. "Road to Perdition" is the only recent title with a separate DTS release. I suppose you could count Columbia's SuperBit titles as separate DTS releases, as they usually don't include DTS on their regular titles.

As far as SE's, you'll just have to browse the forum. We discuss them all the time and soon you'll know as much as the rest of us. :D They're usually easily found at most retailers upon release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks