Source for cheap 10" PR's?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Geoff L, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Looking to source some cheaper 10" PR's for a rather small 8" computer sub project.

Not much cash going into this little sub project, and would prefer to spend as little as possible while doing some PR expermenting.

Geoff

2. Nat Ward

Nat Ward Agent

Only place I can think of off the top of my head is at creative sound solutions. I can't post web pages, but it's www (dot) creativesound (dot) ca . They have one for $49.

3. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Hey DIY'ers:

There has to be some cheap 8-10" PR's some where available.

Still looking and not finding much till you hit the 12" size. To big for the area that can be used to mount on this 8" sub cabinet.

Anything!

Thanks for replying Nat, if I was to spend that much for a single 10" PR I'd just pick up the 10" Peerless XLS. I belive thats the model#, I can get those for just a couple bucks more but prefer to spend much less (per PR) if possible. This of course, if 2 or more are needed depending on the PR's displacment and weight handeling...
    Got 4 sides if needed, tho doubt it very much I'd need to use it..

Regards
    Geoff

4. JimPeitersen

JimPeitersen Second Unit

Geoff,
    PM about some 8" PR's. I got some Pioneer models on a PE closeout years ago and never used them. I don't know if they will help because I don't have the T/S parameters for them. If you are interested, I will let you have them for next to nothing.
    Jim

5. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Jim

Trying to get the fourms PM or even email threw them to work. Seems something ain't working at the moment.

So will just post here and if you like you can email me at [email protected] ...

If they have a model # stamped some where on them, I may be interested. Pioneer Tech may be able to give me some TS/params on them or the speaker/sub model they may have been used in.

====>
    Do they have a basket on them, and are they flat cone or dished?
    ====>
    Dose there appear to be any way to add additional mass/weighting?
    ====>

Thanks
    Geoff

6. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

The Pioneers are crap. I have three of them. Never used. I tried to, though. I added some mass and they flopped down out of vertical alighment. Even with as few as five nickels taped on the back, there was no way that was going to work properly. Instead, I recommend buying foam surround repair kits for woofers and suspending a piece of MDF inside. Then measure the mass of the MDF and you know how to adjust the size of the box to get the tuning right. They give much more symmetrical motion.