soundblaster live5.1 and a denon receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Feb 16, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

uh, how to connect both?

2. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

cables, connectors, instructions, flashlight.

3. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

for analog use a stereo mini jack to rca cable out of soundcard to receiver(you can use tape,cd,vcr 1or 2 input). for digital use a mono mini jack to rca with y adapter out of soundcard digital output to coax input on recever and in the soundblaster software check digital only.

4. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

I just hooked up a similar situation with my computer but only in 2-channel and the results are awesome. I have a Pioneer Elite A-35R integrated amp with some second hand PSB ALpha's with the Parts Express $99.00 10" sub and for the grand total of $369.00. I wanted to go with some other excellent offerings from Klipsch etc. but there really is no comparison to what I have hooked to my computer now as far as high fidelity goes. Mind you, i'm not into gaming so 2-channel suits me fine.

Good Luck with your hook up.

5. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

"mono mini jack to rca with y adapter "

how does it look like? if i ask that "mono mini jack to rca with y adapter " to a radioshack employee, would he understand that?

6. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

its like a headphone jack (not the big ones, the smaller ones) except it should have only one black stripe on the connector part. Then it goes into plugs like you use for audio video connections on a VCR.

you never know what you'll get at radio shack. I usually just fend for myself. everything is usually labeled well, and I am always amazed at what I can find there.