Sound through DVD?

topo4u2

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Hello all,
Just purchased a big screen TV and would like to get some info if possible. I have a HD cable box and a Curtis Home Theatre in a box. I was wondering if there is any way to hook this system up so that when Im watching TV I can get the TV's audio through my home theater system? If so, please let me know and possible wiring explanation.

Thanks so much,

Mike

topo4u2

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Hi Robert...not sure how to post link. I can tell you what system has. DVD has yellow video, audio in and out (red-white)and Y, Cb, Cr. TV has all the same plus a DIV terminal. HDTV cable box has the same as well. If this does not help pls let me know...

mike

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
To post a link, all you do is post the complete web address (including the http://) of the page your system is on, along with model number of your system..

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'll try this anyway......... It looks like your HT system has the receiver built in with the dvd player?
If you don't have them, get a set of component cables (From Wal Mart). They are color coded red, blue, and green. Run them out from HD cable box, to Video 1 input, on back of tv. These inputs and outputs are labelled Y, Cb, Cr.
For audio, your HD cable box has either digital coax or optical output. Most of the one's I've seen, use digital coax (has an orange or black color ring, aound the rca type input and output). If you don't have one, get one at Wal Mart (you can use the yellow composite cable). Run the coax, from the Cable box to the tv input, on back of receiver (you may have only one input, so try that). Your tv's input will need to be set on the Video 1.

You may need to go into the cable box's menus, and set the audio output to digital. Good luck!

This is kinda hard to say exactly, without seeing the back of your HT system. Hope this helps. Your Curtis owner's manual should tell you how to do this. Check and see what it says. Sometimes they aren't real clear about stuff, in the manuals.

topo4u2

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Ed...I will work on this. Im going to take a pic of back of DVD and cable box....Tv will be here on Wed. I may try and email these out or get them on here...thanks

Mike
PS Happy New Year!!

topo4u2

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
TV Inputs and Outputs

HDMI™ Connection(s): 2 (2 Rear) One with analog audio input and one without analog audio input
Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s): 3 (1 Side / 2 Rear)
Optical Audio Output(s): Dolby Digital
S-Video Input(s): 1 (Rear)
Composite Video Input(s): 3 (1 Side / 2 Rear)
Audio Out (Variable/Fixed)
Analog Audio Input(s): 5 (1 Side / 4 Rear)

topo4u2

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
curtisint.com/html/custservice/manuals/CUR_DVD6500_EN.PDF

go to page 9 for diagaram

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Just glancing through the pages you listed, it looks like what I said earlier, should work ok.

Also, remember how I said to post a link?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l3randon39