What's new

Sound sync problem with DVD player (1 Viewer)

Evan M

Second Unit
Hi :)
I have a Pioneer DVC503 DVD player, that is about 3 years old now. When I play any DVD, the sound is off from the picture by about 1/2-1 second or so.

Is there any way to fix that, or should I just bite the bullet and buy a new DVD player? I do need Progressive Scan, anyways, I suppose...

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
This was a common problem with some Sony players. When the A/V tracks go out of sync with each other, press Stop and then Play a second or two later; the tracks will be back in sync. (As a sidenote, when the tracks go out of sync, the player often won't be able to pass a DD or DTS signal properly.)

Evan M

Second Unit
Yeah, all the time. I've already bought a new DVD player with Progressive scan at this point, but would still like to get this one working if possible.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Just how severe is the audio lag? With every player I've encountered this problem on (a number of manufacturers) pressing "Stop" followed by "Play" solves the problem, at least temporarily.

Evan M

Second Unit
I'd estimate it to be about half a second behind the picture... it did seem to catch up mostly when I stopped and started again... but, not quite all the way, I don't think.

Maybe it did, and my brain was just thrown off from watching laggy lips prior to that.

At any rate, assuming that does "fix" it temporarily.. is there no way to fix it permanently?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks