What's new

Sound quality of NEW vinyl releases? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hi, im just wondering how is the sound quality of vinyl that has been produced now compared to their CD counterpart? People say that vinyl sounds the best, does that also apply to the new mainstream music thats coming out on vinyl?

Like for the new Elv1s album, or No Doubt: Rock Steady, or The offspring: Conspiracy of one? HMV.com has them for just a bit more expensive than the CDs. if the sound quality is better, i'd think about buying it. It'd be cool :p)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Most of the records I've bought in the last few years have sounded really good, with one blaring exception. The Busta Rhymes album "Genesis" is the worst sounding record I have ever experienced. Downright unlistenable.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
So even with new digital recording technology, when applied to vinyl its still better than CDs?

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Could be, depending on the source. Most music is recorded digitally at 96/24 these days directly to hard drives. So I guess theoretically it could sound better than CD. I don't think there's much differece most of the time, personally.

mike_decock

Supporting Actor
I think it's usually pretty close, but it's a case by case deal. You can alway post on Vinyl Asylum to see if others have tried out the vinyl version of a recent album.
-Mike...

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Coolness.. oh man its only $13.99 CAD... But online, such a hassel... Ill keep that in mind :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks