What's new

sound quality of ipod when connected to a receiver... (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
is it good?

i am considering a few ipods as my small music server. i already have around 120 gig of wav files. will the ipod produce cd quality sound that way? can it be upgraded to a bigger hard drive in the future?

if anyone knows how to create a cheap but good sounding wav player / music server, please let me know. a pc is just too much for me : too much hassle. i hate windows and its intricacies.

thank you.

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
iPod is a specific Apple brandname. Perhaps you really mean an audio/MP3 player. If you do really mean an iPod there's lots of info and specs via the Apple site and dozens of sites dedicated to them. Generally, MP3 players aren't easily upgraded nor AFAIK would such be supported by the maker.

In my experience, sound quality is more determined by the quality of the recording and not the player. .wav files are uncompressed and, therefore, large. These players normally work with compressed files like MP3's, Window's specific format and Apple's proprietary format.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
if you already have 120gb of wav files you need something like a

apple airport express or a squeezebox

With the Airport you need iTunes to play music on your PC (not sure if it will play WAV files, tho - may have to convert to MP3s)

The squeezebox has a remote control and a onboard menu so you don't have to have a PC player

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
squeezebox is not available in my country. airport express... i dunno, i will have to check. someome suggested to upgrade my xbox's hard drive and use it as my media center...

i will have to think about it. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks